Road Top 8.8"/8.9" CarPlay Screen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the help guys. I did this all and it still is only playing music through the RT system. Grrr...I wish it would work properly the way it was intended with the BT transmitter.

Just to be clear, I do have it connected for Phone and Media to both RT and LC. Pushing play on the LC only gets the music to start and stop on the RT system. Also, phone calls seem to bounce between RT and LC as well, almost as if they are fighting.
@nsvencer Can you send a screenshot of your bluetooth set up/pairing on the RT?

Thanks for the help guys. I did this all and it still is only playing music through the RT system. Grrr...I wish it would work properly the way it was intended with the BT transmitter.

Just to be clear, I do have it connected for Phone and Media to both RT and LC. Pushing play on the LC only gets the music to start and stop on the RT system. Also, phone calls seem to bounce between RT and LC as well, almost as if they are fighting.
No you should not have RT connected/paired to LC at all… I’m traveling but I’ll shoot a quick video when I get back….

No you should not have RT connected/paired to LC at all… I’m traveling but I’ll shoot a quick video when I get back….
Sorry, I should have communicated better. I have my Pixel Android Phone connected to the LC and the RT. The RT is not connected to the LC. Which is why I'm slightly confused how you all have it working as I would think once the Pixel is connected to Android Auto, it is routing all sound to the RT. The RT then needs to send the Audio to the LC, but it can't since it's not connected.

Sorry, I should have communicated better. I have my Pixel Android Phone connected to the LC and the RT. The RT is not connected to the LC. Which is why I'm slightly confused how you all have it working as I would think once the Pixel is connected to Android Auto, it is routing all sound to the RT. The RT then needs to send the Audio to the LC, but it can't since it's not connected.
It is possible that AA handles things differently than CarPlay.
Check on the Land Cruiser Bluetooth menus and ensure both media and phone show connected to your Pixel

Last edited:
Check on the Land Cruiser Bluetooth menus and ensure both media and phone show connected to your Pixel
Here is final install the Jefo way. Ran my wire a bit differently as I didn’t want to pull off driver side panels too. Gotta clean up the hole in the center channel cover too. Incidentally I broke the clip to the bottom panel near the floor board. But it found rebirth as the cap to the center speaker hole. Thanks for all the guidance Jefo.

18B4220F-3777-4968-8FD3-1B4383888847.jpeg

D3E0E1B0-CEC2-4257-8FA0-E1A0AD3D1736.jpeg

7FBC450B-04E0-48A1-A4FD-2D1F21B6DCC1.jpeg

61042098-8CBA-4C11-8FA2-C106AFE60A06.jpeg

F0A8FC36-C6AB-4373-83FF-8A5379E92294.jpeg

@jefo13 thanks for the thoughts. Phone definitely is connected to both media and phone on the LC. I'm guessing this is an AA thing and you all are using CarPlay. Grrr..

@jefo13 thanks for the thoughts. Phone definitely is connected to both media and phone on the LC. I'm guessing this is an AA thing and you all are using CarPlay. Grrr..
Try with someone’s iPhone to rollout the AA issue

Here is final install the Jefo way. Ran my wire a bit differently as I didn’t want to pull off driver side panels too. Gotta clean up the hole in the center channel cover too. Incidentally I broke the clip to the bottom panel near the floor board. But it found rebirth as the cap to the center speaker hole. Thanks for all the guidance Jefo.

View attachment 3080533

View attachment 3080534

View attachment 3080535

View attachment 3080536

View attachment 3080537
Clean! Nice job

I took some pictures to better describe my setup without connecting RT to the 200.
Here is the BT menu on the 200, showing only my phone connected to both phone and media profiles...
IMG_2613.jpeg

Here is the RT showing my phone. This says disconnected because CarPlay only uses BT to "handshake" and it actually connects through Wifi

IMG_2614.jpeg

This is what a phone call looks like. No matter how the call is initiated, it routes through the 200's sound system as usual
IMG_2615.jpeg

Here is what Media looks like. If new music is initiated on RT through Siri or music app, it may start playing on the RT, all I do to reroute to the sound system is hit the play/pause button. This rarely happens to me as I usually don't initiate Siri via the RT, but by saying Hey Siri or Using Siri eyes free button (hold answer call button on steering wheel)
IMG_2618.jpeg

I hope this makes it more clear.

PS Notice that some times if you leave your car while running for example and you take your phone with you, upon returning the RT may not immediately connect, this happens to me even in my Ford Edge OEM CarPlay but it's easily solved by toggling the RT unit. On my Ford, I have to turn off the car...

I'm trying to figure something out, maybe y'all can help... and maybe I'm just going about this the wrong way...
I have an 08 LX, so no bluetooth audio from the truck. I had an AUX cable going from the RT to the AUX port on the LX and this worked just fine. I decided to try and route audio from the RT to my previous BT audio device, the Tunai FireFly LDAC. Getting rid of that AUX cable from the RT to the LX just has a cleaner look...
I'm running into the same problem y'all are running into with the RT playing audio and also getting audio from BT... however, I don't have a "play/pause" button to press. Any ideas on how to route audio just the the BT?
I'm running whatever firmware it shipped out with BTW... not sure if that would make a difference or not.

I'm trying to figure something out, maybe y'all can help... and maybe I'm just going about this the wrong way...
I have an 08 LX, so no bluetooth audio from the truck. I had an AUX cable going from the RT to the AUX port on the LX and this worked just fine. I decided to try and route audio from the RT to my previous BT audio device, the Tunai FireFly LDAC. Getting rid of that AUX cable from the RT to the LX just has a cleaner look...
I'm running into the same problem y'all are running into with the RT playing audio and also getting audio from BT... however, I don't have a "play/pause" button to press. Any ideas on how to route audio just the the BT?
I'm running whatever firmware it shipped out with BTW... not sure if that would make a difference or not.
- don’t connect the RT to the LX at all. Keep your phone connected to the LX like you did before. Play/pause trick will need to be done on the phone

- don’t connect the RT to the LX at all. Keep your phone connected to the LX like you did before. Play/pause trick will need to be done on the phone
Yeh I re-read your instructions and realized I screwed that up...
New findings... with the phone connected to both the LX (for BT phone calls), the Tunai (for BT audio) and the RT (for CarPlay) I was able to get just BT audio once but I haven't been able to re-create it after everything power-cycled. Now I just get audio through the RT and no BT audio at all.
Next time I test I think I'll factory reset the RT and start from scratch...

Hi guys, looks like I just found a bug. Over bluetooth audio, left and right channels are inverted. If I switch to AUX, left a right channels play fine. I also checked with my iPhone bluetooth directly to my Lexus CT200h Bluetooth audio and it plays fine. Maybe during the latest firmware we got the left and right channels over bluetooth audio wrong patched? Going to let Roadtop know about this bug and will report back. @LHLXD if you can also let them know, that would be great as it may help speeding up the fix!!

Hi guys, looks like I just found a bug. Over bluetooth audio, left and right channels are inverted. If I switch to AUX, left a right channels play fine. I also checked with my iPhone bluetooth directly to my Lexus CT200h Bluetooth audio and it plays fine. Maybe during the latest firmware we got the left and right channels over bluetooth audio wrong patched? Going to let Roadtop know about this bug and will report back. @LHLXD if you can also let them know, that would be great as it may help speeding up the fix!!
How are you reporting bugs/issues? I'd love to see if they can square up the AA experience a bit.

Following.

How can you tell they are inverted? I haven’t noticed that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom