LX470 2004 | Need help with Android Screen (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just long press the apps you want to delete.
From the home screen? I tried that and nothing happened. I’m specifically trying to remove the music app on the home screen and replace it with something else. Or do you delete it from the apps menu?

From the home screen? I tried that and nothing happened. I’m specifically trying to remove the music app on the home screen and replace it with something else. Or do you delete it from the apps menu?

Sorry, I thought you were talking about the five app icons in the lower left corner of the home screen. I don't know how to change any of the other apps on the home screen.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about the five app icons in the lower left corner of the home screen. I don't know how to change any of the other apps on the home screen.

Yeah, the shortcuts at the bottom I figured out and you're right you can just long press to remove then click the `+` to add (it also scrolls to the right so you can have more than five). There's a separate short cut menu by swiping from the right side of the screen to the left which works the same. But the error when trying to modify the home screen indicates it can be done, just haven't figure out how yet.

Yeah, the shortcuts at the bottom I figured out and you're right you can just long press to remove then click the `+` to add (it also scrolls to the right so you can have more than five). There's a separate short cut menu by swiping from the right side of the screen to the left which works the same. But the error when trying to modify the home screen indicates it can be done, just haven't figure out how yet.
It might be locked by Teyes app developers email them they seem to be flexible with showing us configs

What does this do? Hard to understand from their download page.

I haven't installed the app, but I believe it simply allows you to update the music widget and installing a required Music Proxy app, it'll work with any music player and show the playing song within the Teyes music widget. I've been using the split screen instead of the home screen, so no longer motivated to change it.

I recently bit the bullet on the Teyes CC3 unit and reverse camera in my 2006 Land Cruiser after my factory reverse camera went out and my screen was already deteriorated from the FL sun. I thought I'd share some thoughts and issues I came across. I ordered the top of the line model and the camera with the power filter.

Initial install was fairly simple, it's mainly plug and play as covered extensively in this thread. A suggestion would be to be careful with the trim pieces and try not to use power tools.

Initial Install:
All of my AC functions worked, steering controls worked, the volume knob did not work to adjust the volume but it did work to mute the audio. There was a noticeable hissing noise coming from the speakers, and sometimes I noticed it increased as I accelerated (possibly from the alternator?). I also noticed a pop/bang noise when the car turns off or on sometimes.

I took the unit back out and installed the Teyes Power filter, that didn't change anything. I tried a few different configurations with the RCA cables, plugging the radio plug back into the stock unit, and every possible audio/equalizer setting on the unit itself, but nothing seems to get rid of the hiss..

Currently:
AC and steering controls work great, hissing and noises still persist, volume knob still doesn't work. I don't use the radio at all so I can't speak much about that.

The other big issue I have is with the fitment of the bezel, there seems to either be a gap between the bezel and radio box, or between the vents and the dash, I can't get it to sit flush. I am in contact with Dan and he is willing to send out a new bezel.

Camera:
The reverse camera install was pretty straight forward as well, I tucked the wire under the floor trim from the glove box to the back right reverse light. I took power from the 12v reverse light (red wire) and grounded with the light's ground (white wire) using wire taps and stored the remaining wire inside the tailgate where the gate mechanism is. Unfortunately unlike the LX, in the Land Cruiser there isn't a hole big enough in the license plate area that can allow the camera plugs to pass through. For now while I am still testing the unit, I have the camera mounted on a license plate mounting frame from amazon and the wire weather proofed and running under the tailgate to under the license plate. This is not my ideal set up by any means, I'll probably get a professional installer to take care of it in the coming weeks.

Overall thoughts:
AC Functions and the high quality reverse camera are great and I am motivated to make it work, but the one thing I can't live with is the janky fitment. Hopefully the new bezel will help that. I believe that the hissing noise may be due to a ground issue or interference from the nearby plugs. It seems like LX owners are able to sort out the issues but they persist with the land cruiser, which makes me think that the issue may also have something to do with the factory amp? Have any Land Cruiser owners been able to sort out their hissing issues? My next steps will be to add a stronger ground to the amp.

Pictures: (notice the fitment)

IMG_3419.jpg

IMG_3417.jpg

IMG_3421.PNG

Like given for Falconry hood!!

That trim fitment looks terrible!

I think a lot of the LX folks have the same random hissing issues and find a connector or something was missed or various combos of resetting and rebooting and controlling volume in 42 different places in the software seems to fix it.

I’ve given up on this for my April 06 production LX. My screen is washed out pretty badly and my reverse camera resolution isn’t great but I’m not ready to deal with having to compromise in my expectations with how this Teyes CC3 should work yet.

Did you install the screws at the bottom of the unit, to attach it to the factory radio?

Several of us are in communication with Dan regarding the hissing and knobs not working.

Did you install the screws at the bottom of the unit, to attach it to the factory radio?

Several of us are in communication with Dan regarding the hissing and knobs not working.

The screw on the right secures well, but the hole on the left seems stripped (I read someone else here also had that issue). I tried using washers and nuts to get it to sit right but every time I go to install it and push in the vents in, it pops right back out.

I think I am in the same group-chat with you and Dan regarding the hissing issues. Hopefully we can get it all sorted.

I think I am in the same group-chat with you and Dan regarding the hissing issues. Hopefully we can get it all sorted.
Hey guys - I’m in that group chat too. Same exact symptoms.

What do you guys think about bypassing the factory amp? There are a few threads on here about it, but, I’m not totally clear on how it works.

Ultimately, it seems like something is slightly different in the way the canbus works for the 06. Dunno. I don’t think it’s as simple as a wire missing or lose.

Okay so i pulled the trigger on an android 10.1" display. It seems to be working fine and has a decently pretty UI. All the functions seem to be working including the AC controls, power antenna, disc changer, steering wheel buttons, speakers, etc.. If anyone would like to know more, i can make a quick walkthrough video and post some pictures and details. Feeling really happy about the system, feels like the best suv just got better. Fingers crossed for upcoming days !
Hey, would like to see some pictures and an update on how it's working so far? I have been looking to do it myself but never bothered with it due to reports on HVAC or some functionality not working.

I recently bit the bullet on the Teyes CC3 unit and reverse camera in my 2006 Land Cruiser after my factory reverse camera went out and my screen was already deteriorated from the FL sun. I thought I'd share some thoughts and issues I came across. I ordered the top of the line model and the camera with the power filter.

Initial install was fairly simple, it's mainly plug and play as covered extensively in this thread. A suggestion would be to be careful with the trim pieces and try not to use power tools.

Initial Install:
All of my AC functions worked, steering controls worked, the volume knob did not work to adjust the volume but it did work to mute the audio. There was a noticeable hissing noise coming from the speakers, and sometimes I noticed it increased as I accelerated (possibly from the alternator?). I also noticed a pop/bang noise when the car turns off or on sometimes.

I took the unit back out and installed the Teyes Power filter, that didn't change anything. I tried a few different configurations with the RCA cables, plugging the radio plug back into the stock unit, and every possible audio/equalizer setting on the unit itself, but nothing seems to get rid of the hiss..

Currently:
AC and steering controls work great, hissing and noises still persist, volume knob still doesn't work. I don't use the radio at all so I can't speak much about that.

The other big issue I have is with the fitment of the bezel, there seems to either be a gap between the bezel and radio box, or between the vents and the dash, I can't get it to sit flush. I am in contact with Dan and he is willing to send out a new bezel.

Camera:
The reverse camera install was pretty straight forward as well, I tucked the wire under the floor trim from the glove box to the back right reverse light. I took power from the 12v reverse light (red wire) and grounded with the light's ground (white wire) using wire taps and stored the remaining wire inside the tailgate where the gate mechanism is. Unfortunately unlike the LX, in the Land Cruiser there isn't a hole big enough in the license plate area that can allow the camera plugs to pass through. For now while I am still testing the unit, I have the camera mounted on a license plate mounting frame from amazon and the wire weather proofed and running under the tailgate to under the license plate. This is not my ideal set up by any means, I'll probably get a professional installer to take care of it in the coming weeks.

Overall thoughts:
AC Functions and the high quality reverse camera are great and I am motivated to make it work, but the one thing I can't live with is the janky fitment. Hopefully the new bezel will help that. I believe that the hissing noise may be due to a ground issue or interference from the nearby plugs. It seems like LX owners are able to sort out the issues but they persist with the land cruiser, which makes me think that the issue may also have something to do with the factory amp? Have any Land Cruiser owners been able to sort out their hissing issues? My next steps will be to add a stronger ground to the amp.

Pictures: (notice the fitment)

View attachment 3078571

View attachment 3078570

View attachment 3078569
Seems like 06's have a hiss. Make sure you got the correct trim it looks like you have the LX trim not LC.

Mine is an 04 LC, and we're having the same issues. I'm not sure it's year dependent. I'm curious if the provided harness adapter from Teyes has some bad connections. Who knows who is assembling that thing.

And why the random extra plug none of us uses?

So I just got mine in. Attempted to install just matching plugs to whichever plugs fit. Now I have this random plug that has no home. Unit powers on but I have no AC or Sound. Does anyone else have this issue with a random plug from the vehicle without connection? Or am I unlucky and received the wrong harness? I wish these came with better install guides.

random plug.jpg

So I just got mine in. Attempted to install just matching plugs to whichever plugs fit. Now I have this random plug that has no home. Unit powers on but I have no AC or Sound. Does anyone else have this issue with a random plug from the vehicle without connection? Or am I unlucky and received the wrong harness? I wish these came with better install guides.

View attachment 3088685
You will have one plug from the MFD that will not connect to the Teyes harness. Pretty sure that is the one.

There is usually a plug from the Teyes harness that most can't use too.

View attachment 3088685
Re-check all your connectors to make sure you didn't miss a connector.

Turn up the volume from the steering wheel. The knob is often unresponsive for the LC as opposed to the LX and the start up volume often on 0.

For AC controls go into canbus and select LZ>LC100>HIGH. Then go to the vehicle app that has the ac control, forgot what it's called but its purple and has a car on it. Then go to touch assistant and turn on the AC settings to get the snowflake that controls the HVAC from the home screen. You may need to reboot.

Last edited:
Any update from you guys with post Jan 2006 LX production and how this Teyes CC3 is working?

Any update from you guys with post Jan 2006 LX production and how this Teyes CC3 is working?
My brother just did the install on his 2006 LX and there is no hissing, and volume knobs, antenna, and ac controls are working.
IMG_2718 copy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom