What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (55 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Modern problems require modern solutions and a valid excuse to upgrade instead of repair/replace is always welcome.

I've finally bit the bullet and ordered wheels. I only hope this works out as I had to get them from 2 different sources since this model has been discontinued (it is HARD to find 17s with +35 offset for this rig's bolt pattern).

Last edited:
Got back from LCDC and decided to get interior detailed as it was pretty dirty/dusty and I didn’t feel like doing it. Then I lost my mind and had them do the exterior, paint correction, and ceramic sealant. The guy got all of the pin stripes out. She’s never been the clean/shiny.

47D67ACA-0488-4DF1-90C6-6C272A51FEC2.jpeg
107035C6-E395-44C8-A111-1BF2AF59255C.jpeg

Got back from LCDC and decided to get interior detailed as it was pretty dirty/dusty and I didn’t feel like doing it. Then I lost my mind and had them do the exterior, paint correction, and ceramic sealant. The guy got all of the pin stripes out. She’s never been the clean/shiny.

View attachment 3077031View attachment 3077032
Now is the time to wrap that thing and be done with the pinstripes!

Looks great BTW.

One of these things is not like the others…Started Imogen solo today and ran into this group. I now see the benefit of going in groups, I ran some tougher lines I otherwise wouldn’t and scraped up the resonator enough that the wife okayed the neuter.

View attachment 3077832
No trailer??

How'd the LRA install process go? Any experience yet with using the transfer pump? Any problems fueling (besides almost 3x the potential $$$)? What are your plans for the spare?

How'd the LRA install process go? Any experience yet with using the transfer pump? Any problems fueling (besides almost 3x the potential $$$)? What are your plans for the spare?

I had a shop install the tank. Just picked it up and will be adding fuel to it tomorrow and testing it out. I just ordered a SLEE rear bumper, which will be carrying the spare tire.

L
Added the LRA 40 Gallon fuel tank and TRD Rock Warrior wheels with Kenda Klever R/Ts.

View attachment 3078557

View attachment 3078558

View attachment 3078559

View attachment 3078560

View attachment 3078561
Looks great, you’re going to love the freedom that extended range provides.

I don’t know what your usage is but I spent a little on having some steel welded to mine just in case I scraped. Well, low and behold I tested that out second time out.

May be worth considering if you plan on doing any type of trails as it does hang kinda low.

Reactions: SSG
L

Looks great, you’re going to love the freedom that extended range provides.

I don’t know what your usage is but I spent a little on having some steel welded to mine just in case I scraped. Well, low and behold I tested that out second time out.

May be worth considering if you plan on doing any type of trails as it does hang kinda low.

Thanks, I have been considering adding some steel to the tank for protection. I might in the future. Yeah the range will be great for sure, no more constant fuel stops lol.

Been several weeks in the making but finally got the rock warrior wheels completed and installed…

-Maple Bronze prismatic powder coat for wheels and bolts
-Satin black powder coat for beauty rings
-Center caps painted satin black
-Bronze TVD vinyl decals
-Toyota heritage valve stem caps
-McGard 65315 lug nuts x5 in black
-Running the recommended BFG KO2 285/70/17
-Matching 5th spare tucked in the belly for now

3C19B21C-B6CD-4A13-94DC-4BD6008E4EFE.jpeg

Been several weeks in the making but finally got the rock warrior wheels completed and installed…

-Bronze TVD vinyl decals

View attachment 3079307
They look great, congrats!

-Bronze TVD vinyl decals

View attachment 3079307
Man those look incredible!!!

Thank you both! Matched as close as possible in color to the bronze BBS heritage wheels this was inspired by. IMHO this is what Toyota should have put stock on the heritage 200 :)

This might be unusual, but I swapped out a Switchpro 9100 for the Garmin Power switch. I've had bugs with the Switchpro since I've owned the truck. A few times it just wouldn't respond. Then it died altogether, though I was able to reset it. About a month ago, it died again and couldn't be revived. The "app" is absolute trash with tons of connectivity issues and very complicated in general. I spoke to Switchpro and for what it's worth, they were good. They said to send it in and they'd have a look, replace what's necessary. They even were forthright about the app being dated and having issues with Android 10 and whatever the current IOS is. I'll be sending it in.

Meanwhile, I had been running the Garmin Power Switch in the 62 without issue for a year. The 62 is currently on the IR, so I thought, why not swap them out? I love the Garmin... control everything from your phone or ipad. No wires to the cab, very simple and clean.

Rather than gutting the whole system, I snipped the switch pro harness at the control module that resides under my hood. It's basically where you plug an "extension cord" of all your accessories into, which you then run a wire to the buttons in the cab. So I snipped it and leveraged the SP cord to keep wires neat, then replaced the module with the Power Switch, wiring each accessory (aux battery solenoid; compressors; rear locker; light bar) to the Garmin. Took about 2 hours to do it neatly, as I had to remove the battery, triple check the wiring, mount the Garmin, etc

Fired her up and everything worked immediately. That's always a nice feeling. Shamu is currently at full capability.

Do you have any hard switches feeding into the Garmin? I've been running an Spod (two actually) in the Power Wagon. High quality units. Love how you can electronically set the max amps on each circuit as well as program in logic operations. But... I bought the touchscreen panel and hate it. I want a physical button for things like lights. Taking my eyes off the road to touch a soft button is for the birds. Spod does offer an eight-button switch and if I were to keep the truck I'd definitely 'switch' to that, pun intended.

One nice thing about the Spod touch panel though is that you can swipe across and control any other Spod that may be on your system. I have one under the hood for front loads (lights) and one in the Summit for house loads (cabin lights, scene lights, water pump, air pump, etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom