80 series windshield replacement shop. Any recommendations?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need a new windshield and the shop that was recommended last time retired. Now I am back to square one. Several years ago it was replaced by one shop that didn’t know how and it leaked. So I have a bad taste in my mouth from past experience, but need a new windshield!
So much appreciated!
I am in Encinitas.

Me too! I need to do windshields in my 60 and 80.

You're not wrong to be leary. Had the same issue with my 80 after a mobil installer half assed it, before I was aware of the proper adhesive, weatherstrip, etc. After a winter of leaks and then some research here on 'Mud learned about the proper install and how the mobil installer did not use adhesive. I had the dealership do it properly and never had the issue again. Insurance covered a rock hit to my 100 a couple years ago so took it back to the dealership. They showed me where the PO's mobil installer had used screws instead of the proper rivets for the windshield. They went and cleaned it up and got it back to proper rivet fitment. I guess all depends on what you're willing to pay for versus the guaranteed quality of the work. These days, I'll pay the premium. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: KTP
Give Jordan at Heckman Glass Masters a call to see if he has experience with the older series. I have used them for my 100 and other vehicles and have been very happy.

The OEM weather strip for the 80 Series is still available. I think it's about $85.
The part number is 56121-60100.

Last edited:
Thanks for those links. I sent requests to both.

Frank

Give Jordan at Heckman Glass Masters a call to see if he has experience with the older series. I have used them for my 100 and other vehicles and have been very happy.

That’s is who did mine years ago! The dad retired and they won’t work on old stuff anymore!!! :frown:

That’s is who did mine years ago! The dad retired and they won’t work on old stuff anymore!!! :frown:

Ah bummer. I hope they can still do a 200 series because I was planning on taking it there when I need a new windshield.

Reactions: KTP
I actually used safelite for my 80, they did a good job 3-4 years ago and still good today, had to insist on the adhesive. They even took time to seal the rusted spot welds under the old original seal. Did not use the Toyota seal since they were hard to find when I did mine. Have also used for my minivan and my l
Lexus, no problems so far with any. Your mileage may vary.

If you were up here in Portland, OR I'd have a recommendation for you...shop that works with 80 series Land Cruisers recommended by my LC specific shop.

I'm going in to have my gasket removed/replaced but they are keeping the glass since it's factory and has no issues.

$150 for labor (On gasket repair/replace)

I ordered the OEM gasket for $54

Hope you find what you need!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom