Builds The Iron Yak (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve never noticed a harder pedal with stainless soft lines, but maybe you would going from older rubber to new stainless?
If you’re interested in longer lines, I have a 2.5” procomp lift on my 1970 and I used 2002 Tundra rear brake hoses for both front and rear frame to axle, they are 20” long. Gave me a few inches over stock length.
I have a 1977 FJ40 with a 4” lift. I’ll try this, as I need new frame to axle lines

Finally had the house painted. The final big project finishing up repairs caused by Hurricane Sally (9/16/20)
My wife thinks I used toyota paint code 031 for the color. I’ll never tell.😉
Happy Independence Day mudders
F01424D2-8C29-4311-946F-30EDCDD3A24A.jpeg

Coincidence? Um-m-m, I think not.

Crazy as it sounds I have yet to carve out the time to pull the top off. July and August are just so hot in the panhandle that I haven’t driven her much. I did take her out for a spin Sunday evening. The sniper continues to impress. After sitting for several weeks she fires right up and purrs like a 44 year old kitten.
594FCB15-9670-40CA-8403-DD87A45096B5.jpeg

Neutral, you should post this last photo on the current Hub cap thread by Sea Monkey as living proof that there is Nothing that looks better on an FJ40 than gray factory wheels with the proper caps. Oh and the fact that it's white adds some serious style points.

Let’s see the pics! Oh wait, Florida. So you mean no top on the cruiser?

That was supposed to quote @thatcabledude We’ve been out of power for 48 hours and internet on the phone is spotty at best. And 40 degrees!

My son and I camped at Ft. Pickens National seashore with a big group of guys. Good stuff.
Received a lifetime pass for free entry to all National Parks for being a veteran. 😎
Second photo is of an Oak tree that I enjoyed looking at.
CF04BAEB-FEA8-452A-BEA4-B21BAEFF2D07.jpeg
F31634AB-49FF-42B5-BA95-37C108A4B962.jpeg

Now for a super cool side story. My daughter has recently joined a new volleyball team. At the first tournament last weekend my wife and I are doing our best to get to know the names of the parents. I end up sitting next to a guy with the last name Weihenmayer. So I start telling this guy that I have read several books by an author with the same name and how much I enjoyed the books. If you have read this thread you can see in the beginning that one of these books is where I got the name for my 40. The “Iron Yak”. Turns out I am sitting next to the authors brother. The niece is on my daughters team. Erik Weihenmayer, the author, is blind. He was the first blind guy to summit Everest. He also did a solo kayak journey down the Colorado River. Amazing stuff. Truly inspirational. I hope to meet him soon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom