For Sale New design, plate winch bumpers for 80 series - CLEAROUT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Dennis - You mention a removable winch cover - if I don't plan on attaching a winch - would this cover the existing hole? If so, do you have any pics with the cover on?

Also, what is the diameter is the fog light cutout? I just got my projector headlights installed and quite frankly, probably don't need them, but if I did want to go LED or something else I'd like to know what would fit.

Thanks,
Greg

Hey Dennis - You mention a removable winch cover - if I don't plan on attaching a winch - would this cover the existing hole? If so, do you have any pics with the cover on?

Also, what is the diameter is the fog light cutout? I just got my projector headlights installed and quite frankly, probably don't need them, but if I did want to go LED or something else I'd like to know what would fit.

Thanks,
Greg
Hi Greg,

Yes, absolutely - that's the purpose of the winch cover - to cover the opening if you don't have a winch in there (or if you have a winch but dont plan on using it anytime soon and want to cover it to protect the winch from elements. The cover is installed on the pictures that i posted in original thread - it's the large rectangular piece on the top plane of the bumper.
If you don't have a winch, you could store things inside the bumper and access it through the removable cover.

The fog light hole diameter is about 4.25"

Hope this helps!

Hi Greg,

Yes, absolutely - that's the purpose of the winch cover - to cover the opening if you don't have a winch in there (or if you have a winch but dont plan on using it anytime soon and want to cover it to protect the winch from elements. The cover is installed on the pictures that i posted in original thread - it's the large rectangular piece on the top plane of the bumper.
If you don't have a winch, you could store things inside the bumper and access it through the removable cover.

The fog light hole diameter is about 4.25"

Hope this helps!
Ahhhh, I see the cover now - I guess I was wondering if there was a cover for the rectangular cutout in the front of the bumper - that's where the winch cable would exit, right? (see, I really don't know much about wheeling lol)

Ahhhh, I see the cover now - I guess I was wondering if there was a cover for the rectangular cutout in the front of the bumper - that's where the winch cable would exit, right? (see, I really don't know much about wheeling lol)
Correct, the cover i was referring to is to cover the opening to access the actual winch unit, from top.

The winch cable would exit through the small rectangular hole in front of the bumper (you would normally have a "cable fairlead" attached to that slot). There is no cover for this hole.

hello, this appears to one of best looking front bumpers for a 80 series LC in my opinion. Congrats on the build. I do have a few questions.

1) what is the dimension of the winch cover? how far does the winch mounting plate stick out from the front of the 80's grill/valence? reason for asking is bc Im interested in fitting a warn m8274 and thought it may be possible with some modification of the winch cover if the bumper sticks out far enough.

2) do you have more pictures on how it looks from the inside and how it mounts to the frame?

3) do you have these in stock at the moment?

again looks great! hope you continue to make these.

hello, this appears to one of best looking front bumpers for a 80 series LC in my opinion. Congrats on the build. I do have a few questions.

1) what is the dimension of the winch cover? how far does the winch mounting plate stick out from the front of the 80's grill/valence? reason for asking is bc Im interested in fitting a warn m8274 and thought it may be possible with some modification of the winch cover if the bumper sticks out far enough.

2) do you have more pictures on how it looks from the inside and how it mounts to the frame?

3) do you have these in stock at the moment?

again looks great! hope you continue to make these.
Hi. Thanks for the compliments!
I'll try to answer your questions.

1) The winch cover is about 6"x30". The rear of the winch cover opening is pretty much flush with the grill/lower valance. The face of the winch mounts is about an inch further out, so you'll have about 7" between the winch mounting plate and the grill/lower valance.
2) Sure, im attaching the picture of the inside, as well as a picture with the winch cover removed.
3) Yes, in stock and ready to ship.

20210613_150003.jpg

20210613_154124.jpg

Bump

bump

Reactions: xlx
bump

bump

bump

bump

Interested and following!
I'm chasing an electrical issue but I'd really like to update the front bumper. The ARB is nice but I think it's TOO MUCH bumper for what I'm planning on doing...this looks just about right!

Ok, so, the more I look at this the more I think about it and the more I'm leaning to order one at the first of the year. I like the low profile, the lower weight, and I like the protection, to include the low profile nook for a winch.

I have a dumb question...the loops on the front...? Are those for recovery hooks?

You're not making rear tire swing out set ups are you? Because if you are, I'd probably pick up a set!

Ok, so, the more I look at this the more I think about it and the more I'm leaning to order one at the first of the year. I like the low profile, the lower weight, and I like the protection, to include the low profile nook for a winch.

I have a dumb question...the loops on the front...? Are those for recovery hooks?

You're not making rear tire swing out set ups are you? Because if you are, I'd probably pick up a set!

Thanks for the compliments!

Yes, those are recovery points/attachments. They're much thicker material than the rest of the bumper and are welded to the strongest part of the bumper (directly in front of frame rails).

I dont have any rear bumpers right now, and no immediate plans to make one.

Hi,

The bumper looks good.

I am planning to get shipped 94025, residential address.

What will be total price?
What payment options do you provide?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom