06 100 Series Stereo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It’s probably easier to pull the head unit.The bt-45 plugs inline with the factory harness.Another option is to use the cassette adapter.

I have not used one myself or even talked to anyone who has, but another option would be replacing your factory amp with an aftermarket amp with bluetooth. I'm not sure exactly how convenient they would be to use, but I assume the concept is the amplifier would ignore whatever signals it's getting from the head unit and instead amplify and distribute your streaming signal. Maybe this is a bit of awkward functionality in practice? Maybe not any more than a wired connection. The upside is that in addition to streaming audio you'd likely get a little better sound quality due to the amp being more powerful than your old factory amp. I doubt installation would be difficult as the amp is relatively easily accessed under the passenger seat. Getting enough power to it (depending on how big the amp is) would be the most difficult part.

This is an interesting idea. Has anyone tried this before? This would totally solve my issue of connecting my iPhone to the factory HU without messing with the in dash HU.

I have a 2005 LX with ML stereo and factory navigation. And I also have the 6 disc changer in the front armrest.
I do not want to pull the head unit from the dash to connect the cable. I do want the bluetooth connection or at a minimum an Aux connection to wire connect my iPhone. Question is if there is a way to pull the 6 disc changer and use that connection to create an Aux port? I have no use for the CD changer as I have zero CDs. I must be the only Gen Xer with no CD on hand. I stream all my music. :)

Before installing my Teyes, I used to use the 2001-2009 Lexus Bluetooth Factory Radio Adapter | VAIS Technology - https://vaistech.com/product/sl3b-l/ for bluetooth streaming. It was nice in that it took over the OEM mini-disc changer so hitting the MD button switched to bluetooth music and it would show the song in the display as though it was a minidisc. PM me if you're interested in buying it as I no longer have a use for it.

Before installing my Teyes, I used to use the 2001-2009 Lexus Bluetooth Factory Radio Adapter | VAIS Technology - https://vaistech.com/product/sl3b-l/ for bluetooth streaming. It was nice in that it took over the OEM mini-disc changer so hitting the MD button switched to bluetooth music and it would show the song in the display as though it was a minidisc. PM me if you're interested in buying it as I no longer have a use for it.
Thanks for this info. I was actually avoiding having to open up my dash to access the back of the head unit. I am assuming this installation will require opening up the dash. How does one go about doing this? Where is the access to reach behind the head unit to connect the hard wire cable to this box?

Thanks for this info. I was actually avoiding having to open up my dash to access the back of the head unit. I am assuming this installation will require opening up the dash. How does one go about doing this? Where is the access to reach behind the head unit to connect the hard wire cable to this box?

Dash removal is actually quite easy. The main thing is having a generic plastic prying tool so you don't break the trim. Here's one video I found searching YouTube that shows how to do it:

After a few times, you can do it quickly and safely. Just make sure to test your connections before putting the dash back together unless you enjoy taking it apart again :)

I took my dash apart last week and discovered I have that same device in my LC. It was there from the PO, it works great.
Thanks. I'm now thinking about going with that "Tesla Style" screen from Phoenix Auto. Have you seen that set up?

I have a 2005 LX with ML stereo and factory navigation. And I also have the 6 disc changer in the front armrest.
I do not want to pull the head unit from the dash to connect the cable. I do want the bluetooth connection or at a minimum an Aux connection to wire connect my iPhone. Question is if there is a way to pull the 6 disc changer and use that connection to create an Aux port? I have no use for the CD changer as I have zero CDs. I must be the only Gen Xer with no CD on hand. I stream all my music. :)
It is easier to pull the head unit than to pull the 6 disc changer.

Has anyone ever "finished" installing and setting up a Tesla-style headunit? It seems like that just becomes their new hobby.

Thanks. I'm now thinking about going with that "Tesla Style" screen from Phoenix Auto. Have you seen that set up?
I've seen those and they look cool, but I don't trust them. Phone technology changes too fast, and the companies that make these kinds of devices aren't long established companies who have brand names they need to protect even at high costs. I'd highly recommend the Nav Delete project instead... difficult to source a couple of the parts and doesn't look like a Tesla, but the end result is basically all simple tech Toyota OEM parts for the HVAC side and Alpine / Kenwood / etc for the stereo side. If Apple or Google change their stuff, best case is the stereo guys come out with a firmware update that modifies their head unit to connect to the new phones, and the worst case is you replace with head unit with a standard size double din head unit from whatever manufacturer you want. Maybe Phoenix Auto responds well to the technology changing, or maybe they don't (or maybe they're out of business). I wouldn't do one of those myself (but they do look cool).

Has anyone ever "finished" installing and setting up a Tesla-style headunit? It seems like that just becomes their new hobby.
Maybe @prospeed, he seems happy enough that I'm considering the Teyes unit (Android but not the vertical screen) instead of the Grom Vline which I have now.

Maybe @prospeed, he seems happy enough that I'm considering the Teyes unit (Android but not the vertical screen) instead of the Grom Vline which I have now.
Note that @prospeed does not have an 06.

A couple of us are having trouble getting the Teyes unit to work on the 06 Land Cruiser specifically. I've been working on it for a while now, back and forth with Teyes. But, so far no dice. Teyes has been supportive throughout, so, fingers crossed, it might get resolved.

Details are on this thread: LX470 2004 | Need help with Android Screen - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/lx470-2004-need-help-with-android-screen.1277592/

Note that @prospeed does not have an 06.

A couple of us are having trouble getting the Teyes unit to work on the 06 Land Cruiser specifically. I've been working on it for a while now, back and forth with Teyes. But, so far no dice. Teyes has been supportive throughout, so, fingers crossed, it might get resolved.

Details are on this thread: LX470 2004 | Need help with Android Screen - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/lx470-2004-need-help-with-android-screen.1277592/
I have an 04 so it could be different on 06-07 100 series

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom