Finally got a LC v2.0! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Something silly, but that I'm really happy with the way it worked out. I saw someone post on here a while back about cleaning up the pilling on their microsuede seats using a lint razor. My Mom happened to have one she got free with a steamer, so I brought it home with me and tried it out.

It's a cheap, underpowered, inaccurate tool. But it works great! Cleaned up anywhere that felt rough, I found straight forward and back worked best, from different angles, and varying pressures. Seats are now smooth to the touch again, just like when I imported it!

Here's the before, and what the razor took off (95% driver's seat).

IMG_4127[1].JPG

IMG_4129[1].JPG

IMG_4130[1].JPG

IMG_4134[1].JPG

And the after. I'm seeing in the pics a few spots that are still pilly, but they are soft to the touch now except for down in the groove, a huge improvement from before I started.

IMG_4135[1].JPG
IMG_4136[1].JPG
IMG_4137[1].JPG

IMG_4135[1].JPG

IMG_4136[1].JPG

IMG_4137[1].JPG

You are intercooled aren't you? Are you running a stock airbox still? I recently turned my pin to the max side and my rig really scoots now. My boost bumped up to 24psi, with the extra fueling. I am really wanting a high flow box, just to keep my worry at bay. I know that Torfab box accommodates a snorkel...

@IanB @DancesWithMutts Would you guys be interested in me contacting Torfab (again!) and mentioning that I might have an order for 3 boxes, to get a price?

Sorry for the late reply, I've been out of town. I sold a kidney and got a Moonlight fab airbox and snorkel. I need to update my build thread.

Edit: Yeah I am intercooled.

I've been sitting on these Aurora 7" LED lights for over a year now, finally got around to installing them while I'm on vacation!

I did a pile of research before buying and found that these appear to be the same thing Lightforce was selling a few years back as the LED215 model, with a different front bezel that says Aurora on it instead of Lightforce. As it turns out, the Lightforce black covers snap right on, it's obvious they were made for these lights!

I've got to wait for night to properly aim these, but here's a few pics I snapped in the meantime, they fit perfectly on the bar, very little extra room.

IMG_4284.JPG
IMG_4287.JPG
IMG_4288.JPG
IMG_4285.JPG
IMG_4286.JPG

Had to track down some different hardware so I could loosen and tighten the bolts with the lights mounted on the bumper to get them aimed, the security hardware they came with needed more room than I had to work with.

Found a quiet stretch of road outside of town, and adjusted them as best I could with the room I had, I think they could stand to be pointed up a little bit more, but at some point throwing the light that far down the road isn't helping! They are insanely bright, and I'd hate to think of what they'd be like to come face to face with.

I'll need to get the switch properly mounted somewhere so I can hit it quickly if needed to avoid blinding someone. For now I'm holding the wiring bundle like a handle with my thumb on the button, which works pretty well actually, but ties up that hand, if you need two hands on the wheel you need to drop the button, and it takes a second to find it again, so not ideal. I'd like it get it working via the factory foglight switch on the dash, but I'm far from a wiring dynamo so who knows how long it will take me to get that one knocked out.

1st pic is of the low beams only, 35w HID conversion in a set of DEPO housings

IMG_4306.JPG

2nd pic is high beams, which consists of the HID low's unshrouded so you get full height out of them, plus 100w bulbs in the other bowl, of which only the right side was working at the time of these pics

IMG_4305.JPG

3rd pic is high beams plus the Aurora 7" LED's, they are pretty intense and throw a pile of light!

IMG_4304.JPG

And then a pic of just the Aurora's, they really overpower the rest of my lighting. The funny thing is that the HID conversion used to drown out my old aux lights, as it was a huge improvement over the halogen stuff.

IMG_4302.JPG

And finally a shot with the Lightforce covers on to keep things street legal, they snap on tight just like they are supposed to!

IMG_4310.JPG

Ideally you can wire them up with a relay and tap into your high beam circuit. So you turn the switch for your aftermarket lights on, and then they will come on and off with your high beams.

Nice find on the lights btw!

nice, but looks like major blockage for air entering your radiator no?

This truck had big aux lights on the front bumper when I got it, I've had them removed for a year or so and noticed no real difference in EGT's or coolant temp (not that the factory gauge moves much once up to operating temp), and no difference I could detect since putting these on, but it's something I'll be watching for sure.

This truck had big aux lights on the front bumper when I got it, I've had them removed for a year or so and noticed no real difference in EGT's or coolant temp (not that the factory gauge moves much once up to operating temp), and no difference I could detect since putting these on, but it's something I'll be watching for sure.
the only way to find out is have real time coolant sensor to monitor or via scan gauge OBDII. The stock gauge is an idiot gauge and per my aftermarket temp gauge, it sits dead center from 150 F - 220 F. So you truck can be @ 220 F in highway and still register in the middle as perfectly cool..

The doggo and I went for a rip last night, finally some nice weather around here!

100540354_10163607846990125_1376299330582872064_o.jpg

Did you run cooling lines on your turbo? Shop is doing standard gturbo on my 80 and say cooling lines rubbing on wastegate.

Did you run cooling lines on your turbo? Shop is doing standard gturbo on my 80 and say cooling lines rubbing on wastegate.

Yes, I installed the coolant lines, same routing and everything as factory turbo.

Ok thanks. I don't think there was cooling lines on my diesel turbo

Factory config has hardpipes that wrap around the front of the head on turbo side, then I think about 8" softlines from there to the turbo.

Been great reading this your thread here Ian, I have a very similar 80, that just got brought back from Japan!

Just as clean as when you received yours! All stock interior, fresh carpet. Loved learning that my "ARB" sticker is a joke :) Lots of good tidbits in here that will benefit me greatly, including the lint shaver, rear tire carrier pin plastics, and my rear doors not keeping the dome light on! Time to get baselining!

How's the rig doing these days? Cheers!

IMG_0107(1).jpg

Been great reading this your thread here Ian, I have a very similar 80, that just got brought back from Japan!

Just as clean as when you received yours! All stock interior, fresh carpet. Loved learning that my "ARB" sticker is a joke :) Lots of good tidbits in here that will benefit me greatly, including the lint shaver, rear tire carrier pin plastics, and my rear doors not keeping the dome light on! Time to get baselining!

How's the rig doing these days? Cheers!
That actually looks like the exact same front bumper as mine! It's a Rallyspeed Ausie bullbar, incase you needed to track down info on it. I actually had them ship me new rubber gaskets when I had mine powdercoated. Your truck looks great!

Mine is doing well, we recently moved, so everything I had on the go got back-burnered. I'm hoping to get the new shop organized before fall and get things back on track.

Tonight I installed a couple of new rear door switches so my interior lights actually come on when the rear doors open. Small thing that feels good! Also gave it a once over in preparation for towing a double ski-doo trailer out to a buddy's cabin for a poker derby tomorrow after work (off at noon!).

Ian,

My rear doors, when opened, activate the dome light. But then it immediately shuts off. My front doors, when opened, activate and maintain the dome light until they close. Is this the same issue you experienced? I did replace my dome light with an LED.

Ian,

My rear doors, when opened, activate the dome light. But then it immediately shuts off. My front doors, when opened, activate and maintain the dome light until they close. Is this the same issue you experienced? I did replace my dome light with an LED.
No, it wasn't turning the lights on at all when I opened the rear doors. With the door open, if you press the switch by hand are the results the same? Makes me wonder if your switches are sticky at the point where the light turns on/off?

You can swap the front door switches with the rear and see if the issue remains the same to test your switches. I can't imagine why have LED bulbs would affect the interior light circuit...

No, it wasn't turning the lights on at all when I opened the rear doors. With the door open, if you press the switch by hand are the results the same? Makes me wonder if your switches are sticky at the point where the light turns on/off?

You can swap the front door switches with the rear and see if the issue remains the same to test your switches. I can't imagine why have LED bulbs would affect the interior light circuit...
Awesome, thanks. That gives me something to work with for sure. I'll do some additional troubleshooting and report back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom