Snorkel... measure twice, cut once. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Quick word to the wise... when drilling for a snorkel follow these steps:

1) Mark all holes using the template.
2) Drill the top mounting holes.
3) Set the top bolts into these holes and check the air opening to verify alignment. Re-mark as required.
4) Cut the big hole.
5) Re-insert and check the bottom bolts against the template mounts. Re-mark as required.

If moving the marks, make sure you're still parallel to the A-pillar in the case that you top hole placement was in error.

In my case, the template was off. Air inlet was correct, but the bottom mounting holes were off by more than a hole diameter. Don't know if this was a result of the curvature of the flare or what but it would have resulted in a slotted bottom mount had I just drilled to the template. Here you can see the delta in lower mount hole centers.

1659547962062.png

Last edited:
Quick word to the wise... when drilling for a snorkel follow these steps:

1) Mark all holes using the template.
2) Drill the top mounting holes.
3) Set the top bolts into these holes and check the air opening to verify alignment. Re-mark as required.
4) Cut the big hole.
5) Re-insert and check the bottom bolts against the template mounts. Re-mark as required.

If moving the marks, make sure you're still parallel to the A-pillar in the case that you top hole placement was in error.

In my case, the template was off. Air inlet was correct, but the bottom mounting holes were off by more than a hole diameter. Don't know if this was a result of the curvature of the flare or what but it would have resulted in a slotted bottom mount had I just drilled to the template. Here you can see the delta in lower mount hole centers.

View attachment 3076749

Yep. Did mi e some years back. But for me…it was more like measure 5 or 6 times because hacking into it is always worth trepidation… 🤷🏻‍♂️ Definitely worth the caution. Its been 100% solid ever since.👍🏼

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom