What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (83 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cadmium plated a bunch of parts. Carburetor is in the process of reassembly.

685B8483-963B-400E-A0C3-68F92DCA8DA8.jpeg

Last edited:
I feel your pain with British cars; when I was younger I had a Sunbeam Alpine and a BSA motorcycle.

HaHa, yeah - I had a Triumph GT6 and a Spitfire! Cool cars, but not too durable.

Roger THAT……. ‘76 Triumph Spitfire I drove in college (when it wasn’t in the shop). My dad was most definitely ready to veto that as he had a late 60’s Dodge Dart picked out but gave in and helped me anyway - He sorta brings that up occasionally 😉

The colours were reversed on my GT6s battery leads. Soon after getting the basket case, I mistakenly connect red-red and black-black when I was jump starting it. Enough black smoke leaked out the 29 amp Lucas alternator that it never charged again.

I looked over and saw my ‘74, 50 or so amp, Electronically regulated, Fj40 alternator sitting on the shelf. A couple similar mods to the mounting block and it bolted in.

It won’t be hard to spot it… it’ll be the strong running GT6 with bright headlights. :D

The colours were reversed on my GT6s battery leads. Soon after getting the basket case, I mistakenly connect red-red and black-black when I was jump starting it. Enough black smoke leaked out the 29 amp Lucas alternator that it never charged again.

I looked over and saw my ‘74, 50 or so amp, Electronically regulated, Fj40 alternator sitting on the shelf. A couple similar mods to the mounting block and it bolted in.

It won’t be hard to spot it… it’ll be the strong running GT6 with bright headlights. :D
I saw my first ever GT6 a few years ago and have wanted one ever since. Something about them….

I remember building the first mkII, it had the + on ground. The owner wanted a modern radio build in the glove box.
It had to be build in completely isolated from any metal and everything radio related had its own wiring harness.

Later we changed it to - to ground When he started using it as a daily driver.

This just showed up on the flea bay. Up to $1 so far. Reserve hasn't been met. Too shiny for me and someone didn't take much care in the description. 1964 FJ cruiser (it is a 45) with an inline v6. There are no pictures of anything but the shiny paint.

It looks pretty good to me, at least as well as can be without an in person view.

This just showed up on the flea bay. Up to $1 so far. Reserve hasn't been met. Too shiny for me and someone didn't take much care in the description. 1964 FJ cruiser (it is a 45) with an inline v6. There are no pictures of anything but the shiny paint.

The pictures aren’t of a real vehicle. That’s a model/toy car.

I just automatically assume there is some kind of hustle involved in vehicles sold by those kinds of places, if not outright fraud.

I see the shiny floors and the overly staged photography and my spidey sense goes haywire. If nothing else, there is an "oooh, shiny!" price associated with them.

- pipe dreamed up 84161-37021

100% toyota non-usa oem foundation parts

joins my line of , and that makes 5 different and unique ideas for folks to consider :)

ED8D9143-9F5E-411D-B913-272CA54165AD.jpeg

86CAC985-FC02-4C33-AE27-9DEEC0690E0C.jpeg

63ED72B8-1E7B-413A-8E27-47277C6962C5.jpeg

76B0A155-C5ED-4DD1-90B5-870FC331F48F.jpeg

tokairika.png

Mounted relay and ran wire loom for the best bang for your buck OEM 40 light kit! Sorry for the large pics. Part 1
81110-60P70.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom