Looking for my 1971 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I restored a 1971 FJ 40 over several years I had to sell in 2019 it to help cover my wife’s cancer treatments. She has recently passed and I am looking to find my car. She hating me having to sell it. It’s a red 1971 with a PTO wench. The Jack was mounted on the front bumper with the PTO factory wench. It was sold via home auction in the St. Louis are then I saw it for sale at a dealer in AZ then possibly in CA. If anyone knows where it is and could be sold back to me please contact me. I have attached a picture it doesn’t have the wench or Jack on it in the picture. It does have a non factory 100% fiberglass top no metal rain gutter. It’s 3 speed with the factory F1 in it. Thanks

92E32D1E-6050-488A-9E1F-B32788128959.jpeg

I did find something. Perhaps a start as to where it went. Seems sold in 2020.

That’s my car but the same add as the one I saw was in CA . I called a number they had listed was a transmission shop had no idea what I was asking about. Thank you for the help.

You might want to try a site for classic cars with less than 17 digit vin numbers. It costs to do it so if your needs require it.

Thanks for the info said it’s still in Missouri doesn’t tell me who owns it. I did call the Missouri DMV waiting to for a call back. Not sure if they will tell me who owns it but worth a shot.
I have since moved to Fl as my wife wanted to be closer to her family but Missouri is closer than CA or AZ so thanks again.

Thanks for the info said it’s still in Missouri doesn’t tell me who owns it. I did call the Missouri DMV waiting to for a call back. Not sure if they will tell me who owns it but worth a shot.
I have since moved to Fl as my wife wanted to be closer to her family but Missouri is closer than CA or AZ so thanks again.

I thought you had to have LED lights inside the old housings to really be cool.

CA41588C-04EE-41CA-87A1-27239F26C5CA.jpeg
Here it is when I trailered it home I think it had one fender blinker still on it and it was glass lensed rectangle.

I’m not sure about other states, but in WA, you can pay like $40 and they’ll give you the last registered owners name and address. This is mostly (always) used for sending them a release of interest for the case where you bought something with no title, vehicle left on your property when you bought it, etc. I have used this trick a few times to get owners info on a car in someone’s yard or side of business. Just need the VIN. May be worth seeing if there’s something like that. Tactfully asking without outright lying, just omitting some details maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom