Rear lower control arm brace\skid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Let me know if you need another test subject. This OEM arm had only 20k miles when I bent it :(
View attachment 3015386
I have a used set that I can send you. They were the ones on mine that I bent, from the sway bar bolt being in backwards. I hammered them back fairly straight. PM me your address and I'll send them to you.

Thanks for sending me that set @turbo8. I installed them today. Fairly straight forward job!

Folks, this is a very well designed and built kit! Tolerances are tight and everything fits together nicely! My arms are NHOil coating which means my arms were ever so slightly girthier than usual so I had press the brackets firmly against the braces to get the screws started but everything did fit just perfectly!

20220801_121601.jpg
20220801_121708.jpg

I have a used set that I can send you. They were the ones on mine that I bent, from the sway bar bolt being in backwards. I hammered them back fairly straight. PM me your address and I'll send them to you.

Subd. I have the TT beefy ones but I would of probably gone this route if this existed back then.

Only have one concern with this design, the build-up of dirt/mud inside of the cusp would lead to rust.

Subd. I have the TT beefy ones but I would of probably gone this route if this existed back then.

Only have one concern with this design, the build-up of dirt/mud inside of the cusp would lead to rust.
Good point, there are gaps for water drainage, but if the gaps get clogged water can get trapped there.

If you live in a wet climate, It would be a good idea to touch up any paint issues you might have before installing these and to make sure to spray them off every once in awhile.

They will protect the paint on the arm from being salt\sand blasted.

Good point, there are gaps for water drainage, but if the gaps get clogged water can get trapped there.

If you live in a wet climate, It would be a good idea to touch up any paint issues you might have before installing these and to make sure to spray them off every once in awhile.

They will protect the paint on the arm from being salt\sand blasted.

We have a 3D print guru vendor here on the forum. It would be cool if he could do ABS insert to cover the top.

Anyone know if SPC rear LCA are thicker than OE LCAs? I'd be interested if they fit SPC's

Anyone know if SPC rear LCA are thicker than OE LCAs? I'd be interested if they fit SPC's
Can you measure them with some calipers?

Drill drain holes on the low end

@Joe422
If the SPC control arm is 34mm in diameter, these will fit as long as the length between the bushing sleeves is greater than 23.4". I'm not sure if they increased the bushing sleeve diameter or not.
1659552362243.png

Drain holes added to hopefully ease buildup of sediment.

lr8fXky.jpg

L6q84J7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom