Cruiser Days! 2022 HOUGEN PARK Abbotsford August 6! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Rob. Got a return call and email from District of Squamish - will review it tomorrow. Date seems good, we might be able to check out the location this weekend.

Hi Rob. Got a return call and email from District of Squamish - will review it tomorrow. Date seems good, we might be able to check out the location this weekend.
Has the plan advanced?

I haven't heard myself.

Hi. Kristin did some sleuthing and found out the School District rents the parking lots and fields. Our local high school would be a great venue - close to downtown, great views, green space... The person that books events was off today, back in Mon. I'll call m then and find out what's available.

So, I did check out km 13.5 on Manquam (the beach). As lovely as it is there (we've been there often), and certainly accessible especially for our Cruisers, there are far too many large round rocks to be able to walk around comfortably. And, it can get extremely busy in weekends. So that location is a no go for Cruiser Days.

Parking lot and adjacent field will work great! As long as folks can 'tailgate' that would be perfect and some grassy area for picnic, games, BBQ's, etc.

My post has been moved to the member section of Coastal Cruisers.
Best place for planning discussion.
F

Last edited:
Cruiser Days 2022 is confirmed for Hougen Park in Abbotsford, August 6, 10am!

Stand by for additional details!

Planning to be in the LML around this time, so should be there if all works out. Looking forward to it.

@bladedog Cruiser Days Squamish 2023 sounds good, with a campout up Indian Arm or some other local place afterwards!

gb

I'll be down for the event

After the event...
Seems usually some of the participants spend the night camping Harrison/Chilliwack area.
Kristin and I plan on taking Mon through Wed off and camping Sat evening. Then Sunday morning heading up the Fraser to do the China Head. We'd like to invite anyone to join us. Depending on the fire situation at west side of Fraser at Lytton we could head up the west route to Lillooet. Or, Hwy1 to Lytton and then to the fire lookout at Bottany Mtn, or up the Fountain Valley. Two options for getting to French Creek - either the Big Bar ferry if the Fraser flow has dropped by then and it's open, or via West Pavilion from Lillooet. From French Bar, over China Head to Poison, upper Churn to Mud, then out towards Goldbridge then over Hurley to Pemberton, or Marshall Crk to Carpenter over Mission Pass and the Highline to Pemberton. Plan to be home Wed evening. Who's keen?

After the event...
Seems usually some of the participants spend the night camping Harrison/Chilliwack area.
Kristin and I plan on taking Mon through Wed off and camping Sat evening. Then Sunday morning heading up the Fraser to do the China Head. We'd like to invite anyone to join us. Depending on the fire situation at west side of Fraser at Lytton we could head up the west route to Lillooet. Or, Hwy1 to Lytton and then to the fire lookout at Bottany Mtn, or up the Fountain Valley. Two options for getting to French Creek - either the Big Bar ferry if the Fraser flow has dropped by then and it's open, or via West Pavilion from Lillooet. From French Bar, over China Head to Poison, upper Churn to Mud, then out towards Goldbridge then over Hurley to Pemberton, or Marshall Crk to Carpenter over Mission Pass and the Highline to Pemberton. Plan to be home Wed evening. Who's keen?
It won’t be me but that sounds pretty amazing. :beer:

After the event...

:hmm:

Sounds interesting ….

Oh yes, it does...

Any camping location been chatted about or confirmed on other platforms after Cruiser Days or is the assumption it will be Chehalis per usual @AJAEbj42?

@bladedog China Head loops sounds good.

gb

Last edited:
We usually decide the day of the event, don't we? LOL, like around 2pm or so? Sure, Chehalis sounds good.

FOOD UPDATE:

Robert is unable to cook for us this year, but I will have a portable BBQ on a table, if anyone wants to cook their lunch and/or bring stuff to share. Optional of course, as there are also food options close-by you can pick up lunch before you come.

Gates should be open by 9am.

Entrance by Cash donation.

Bring LOTS OF CASH for raffle prizes; I just grabbed the ARB fridge today.

:beer:

Packing the truck to make sure it'll fit! Still a few more things to stuff in there!

20220803_192052.jpg

20220803_192100.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom