1966 FJ45LV Rejuvenation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How far back will shift lever be? Looks far back.
Yes it does. Next step is to try to figure out where the seat will be and the steering wheel and go from there.

Yes it does. Next step is to try to figure out where the seat will be and the steering wheel and go from there.

So.... the shifters will be in just about the right place. The transmission shifter is about 9" back from the rearmost point on the lower edge of the dash (measured horizontally.)
I am going to reach out to see what stock seat position is for an LV.

Measuring in my 40 the seat back is about 36" back from the dash and about 14" from the floor to the top side of the seat bottom. I'm pretty sure the LV will have a lower seat position by a couple of inches.

So.... the shifters will be in just about the right place. The transmission shifter is about 9" back from the rearmost point on the lower edge of the dash (measured horizontally.)
I am going to reach out to see what stock seat position is for an LV.

Measuring in my 40 the seat back is about 36" back from the dash and about 14" from the floor to the top side of the seat bottom. I'm pretty sure the LV will have a lower seat position by a couple of inches.
Just measured my bench seat in the LV. It is 15” off the floor at the front edge and about 35” from the bottom of the dash to the seat back in a horizontal line. I have the seat one or two clicks from full extension towards the rear to get the leg room I need at about 6’2”.

Just measured my bench seat in the LV. It is 15” off the floor at the front edge and about 35” from the bottom of the dash to the seat back in a horizontal line. I have the seat one or two clicks from full extension towards the rear to get the leg room I need at about 6’2”.
Thank you. Can you measure to where your butt sits on the seat instead of the front of the seat... when it's crushed down and you're sitting on it?

I will try to get that measured before I go but I am headed out of town today. I will say that the seat is tall! I would like the whole base to be at least a couple inches lower. If I am first at a light, I cannot see the traffic light unless I lean forward. I have also hit my head on the inside of the roof a couple times bouncing around.

I will try to get that measured before I go but I am headed out of town today. I will say that the seat is tall! I would like the whole base to be at least a couple inches lower. If I am first at a light, I cannot see the traffic light unless I lean forward. I have also hit my head on the inside of the roof a couple times bouncing around.
Thanks... no rush... I am a million years away from getting to the seats.

Since you all have been so very helpful and kind all during my LV adventure I'm giving early notice here. Another chapter in my cruiser life has started and it's time to move this along.
This LV project is going up for sale very soon. I am hoping to sell everything I've gathered for the project. LV + 2UZ + H151 manual etc etc etc all together. The list goes on and on and on.
You can read this thread to get a really good idea of what this is - it is a really good starting point for a build. It will not be dirt cheap but I am also not looking to get BAT or Mecum dollars - I realize this is a PROJECT.
So... if you are serious about possibly buying an LV DM me and we can discuss. I'll post the for sale listing here on MUD and elsewhere in about a week.
(Located on Long Island, NY and you WILL need to bring a trailer and then some)

THIS IS NOT A FOR SALE POST.

Since you all have been so very helpful and kind all during my LV adventure I'm giving early notice here. Another chapter in my cruiser life has started and it's time to move this along.
This LV project is going up for sale very soon. I am hoping to sell everything I've gathered for the project. LV + 2UZ + H151 manual etc etc etc all together. The list goes on and on and on.
You can read this thread to get a really good idea of what this is - it is a really good starting point for a build. It will not be dirt cheap but I am also not looking to get BAT or Mecum dollars - I realize this is a PROJECT.
So... if you are serious about possibly buying an LV DM me and we can discuss. I'll post the for sale listing here on MUD and elsewhere in about a week.
(Located on Long Island, NY and you WILL need to bring a trailer and then some)

THIS IS NOT A FOR SALE POST.
I am sorry to hear you are not going to be able to finish it, but I totally understand. It takes a lot of time, work and money for a project like this. You have done a lot of good work and someone is going ot benefit from that. Hopfully someone will continue the project it get it back on the road! I love the fact that you kept it all Toyota. Someone is going to get a sweet project!!!

I am sorry to hear you are not going to be able to finish it, but I totally understand. It takes a lot of time, work and money for a project like this. You have done a lot of good work and someone is going ot benefit from that. Hopfully someone will continue the project it get it back on the road! I love the fact that you kept it all Toyota. Someone is going to get a sweet project!!!
I really did spend a lot of time on r&d and attempting to keep it as all Toyota as possible. I truly believe this project finished will be a super super cool rig. I just don't have the bandwidth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom