Prayers; thoughts; encouragement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So sorry Clutchee. About the hardest thing I have had to deal with was losing my Dad.

Thank you all.

Just made some hard decisions that didn’t expect to make.

Pretty sure, funeral home gonna have to have clause….. about things I wanta say. Made them laugh talking about him, also made them blush saying how I wanted things. My dad never meet stranger and would give person whom just stole from him, a peppermint saying good luck.

Gonna make sure his life is celebrated and genuine self is highlighted.

For all that read this, folks whom pick on you, embrace and take those moments…. They care!!!

Sounds like a good man for sure. Praying for y’all @Clutchee

Couldn’t sleep….. been up going through pictures for video and his pamphlet.

Dad did a lot, saw a lot, traveled a lot, and most of all cared for people he called friends.

Dad and I drove many times across the US, most all with radio off, dad liked quiet. Hours just looking out windows talking about what we saw or where we were going.

My dad had some quirks- we all do. Just admitting or talking about them makes it funny and also endearing…. Dad loved bathroom, swear he would go in to take care of # 2, 4 hours later 3 books read and another started. Don’t know why, don’t care to, but man would read in bathroom for what seemed like hours. Dad dipped, Copenhagen snuff, fine cut, never pinched it with his hands, he would take lid off spin it in snuff and then place it in his mouth, never touching it.
My dad always carried white handkerchief in his pocket, when I was younger he tried to instill this as I wiped my nose on my sleeve or whatever……. Fast forward, there is a bandana in my left pocket now- always. I get it now, but then, just a young kid not listening.

To this day, I say yes sir and mam to everyone. No matter age, race, or setting. My dad always told me, respect never changes, you give it always.

Which brings me to something I learned young in life….. my dad working at GM and in auto industry. I meet his friends, co workers, suppliers. I never saw race, they were dads friends. Yesterday I reached out to one of those friends….. he said if it wasn’t for my dad he wouldn’t be a CEO today.

When life’s over, the money, cars, house, whatever is tangible, -0- value, what you did to impact life, peoples lives, or childrens lives means the world.

Lastly, my dad graduated high school. No degree no collage classes. He went on to at GM become senior engineer, highest pay before going corporate. Now a days, wouldn’t happen……. He always told me, goto school, get a degree, get whatever job you want.

I too never got a degree, but I got a few of his skills, his work ethic, his drive to figure out problems others can’t, and most of all, his value of friendship.

Dad thank you for giving 110%, thank you for caring for me when I was kid that knew everything, thank you for letting me help you later in life. Most of all, thank you for being my dad and best friend, and father.

Cottonland, thank you all for flowers, just stopped and talked to dad a bit before funeral.

Yawls arrangement is at his head, it made my heart happy.

Can’t write to much now, lots inside, eyes are leaking a bit, heart hurting.

Gonna compose myself and get ready.

Carl was an awesome copilot....such a great guy. So terribly sorry Clutchee....

RoundUp 2009....
Katemcy 2009.jpg

He loved riding with you and trusted your driving.

Many nights around camp fire or on trails.

I’ll miss him being shotgun or spotting for us.

CLC fellas.....please take time today and say a prayer for Dave Lay.

@slacker24-7

He had a surgery to fix some issues from a bad surgery last year from his cancer.

It is not looking good. Lot of us know him and all prayers will help. I know he would be pissed at me for doing this but all prayers are needed.

Thank you fellas!

Love and miss all you guys...

CLC fellas.....please take time today and say a prayer for Dave Lay.

@slacker24-7

He had a surgery to fix some issues from a bad surgery last year from his cancer.

It is not looking good. Lot of us know him and all prayers will help. I know he would be pissed at me for doing this but all prayers are needed.

Thank you fellas!

Love and miss all you guys...
Thanks for the update, and I agree: the power of corporate prayer is real!

I was only around Dave that one time we all went camping in the Ozarks in 2016, and he seems like a super-nice guy! Prayers for him in this tough time.......

Only spoken to Dave a few times but super nice guy.

Prayer is absolutely powerful! Hope he’s comfortable. Hate to hear this.

Praying

🥲

Bomar just said the family has decided to not continue life support.

I’m not one to check on people much but for some reason Dave has been on my mind so much since he told me his operation had been pushed to August 5 and it was going to be multiple things being operated on.

My last text with him was Wednesday and he said he was having a hard time keeping food down.

I told him he would not look right as a skinny bitch.

He said “that’s my inner me anyway”

Hell of a last conversation to have with a fella.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom