Lakes and rivers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GTSSportCoupe

2LTE abuser
Threads
Very rushed impulsive day of discovery. Would love to go back and camp at one or more of these spots.

Maid Lake
IMG_20220730_120930901_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220730_120606330_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220730_120427335.jpg

Wow, very cool! Would be nice to get out there sometime as well.

Thing I really liked, is I was out there for a few hours on a long weekend (usually a busy time in backcountry), and saw not a person in this area.... Likely because most access points were dead end.

Would be fun getting a bunch of cruiser people out there sometime....but that's sort of like herding butterflies...lol.

How was the water??? Looks like some good swimming spots.

How was the water??? Looks like some good swimming spots.

Despite how freaking hot I was given the crazy weather, I hadn't brought any swim stuff, and didn't feel like sitting wet in my cruiser on the way back. Will be better prepared next time. Both lakes had granite gravel bottom with just a tiny layer of algae on top. They both have good flow in/out, and were quite clean despite how the pictures look. Very inviting. But river was definitely most inviting! Pictures of that were taken from an unused bridge...I did think of jumping as it was easily deep enough.

Always carry a towel...

Heard that somewhere before:lol:

Roughly what area was this? Does look nice

South of Cowichan Lake, or North East of Port Renfrew. Just type the lake names in google and they come up. (Maid Lake, Dimple Lake, Lens Creek)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom