weBoost LX450 Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@bonestock, the only think I'd keep in mind is that the light on the top of the unit tells you if it is working or not. You may want to mount it in a way that lets you check on the light.

Since mine is in the driver side panel, I can open the jack door, and see the light reflecting off the skin of the quarter panel.
Not to you specifically...
General advice re: length of coax; due to significant signal loss at those frequencies, it's best to have the shortest run possible. Otherwise potential gains by the unit may be lost in the coax.
Happy trails everyone

Last edited:
Sorry for this dumb question, but is it possible to purchase a knock off WEboost that anyone knows of? Amazon is full of them, either CDMA or GSM but I was curious if anyone has any real life feedback from a Weboost clone!

Thx

I did not but the concern with always hot, a draw on your battery. Obviously it isn't going to be enough to drain your battery over a few hours but a few days of sitting it might.

I did the mod where I can roll up/down my windows due to a jumper the battery will drain over time, the lights for the switches are illuminated 24/7.
Any suggestions on how to switch the WeBoost when connected to an always-hot fuse block?

Paging the good sir requesting an assist.

Why not find a power source that comes on with ignition?

If you want to get fancy, use a relay to power the circuit when the ignition comes on.
Meh. I'm so over pulling wire. It can just suck on my Aux battery. If decided, I can just pull the power plug out of the unit. It will be easily accessible behind the middle PS seat. Appreciate the continued follow up, good sir!

Honestly that is a good question.

I would reach out to @NLXTACY and ask him. He has done a few of these installs.
I thew a Bluesea systems switch panel in to control all the stuff in the back - weboost / HAM / Solar charger / Fridge etc.

67538795711__035C3FBC-F901-44AF-8909-C124DDF2C162.jpg

I thew a Bluesea systems switch panel in to control all the stuff in the back - weboost / HAM / Solar charger / Fridge etc.

View attachment 3074171
Two things...

Do you have a picture of the panel and switches installed?

Also, what part of Portland are you from? I grew up in Boring, Oregon and lived in Gresham, Clackamas, and a few other places around there.

Ya know, I see lots of useable space on that QPM :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom