Builds AK HJ-75 (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

here's the dyno graphs.

PULL 1.PNG

PULL 2.PNG

PULL 3.PNG

I’ve been having vibration issues for a long time. All front links have been replaced, knuckles serviced, no rough king pin(?) bearings. New tires and balanced twice. Friend suggested a U-joint. So ordered some new ones and today I removed the rear drive shaft. One of the joints had a rough spot in it. Spent a lot of fun time today replacing it. Unfortunately I couldn’t get one of the bearing cups to seat completely, enough to install the C clip. So on that one I ran some safety wire. Hopefully that will be ok🤷‍♂️🙂

04A6B6AD-2369-47CB-B0B1-B62A1E067695.jpeg

B0853092-C3E4-4689-B388-8C15E4E19F9A.jpeg

7B69F58E-F435-4B46-A30C-E2ECCF38116B.jpeg

6284E0FC-1FEB-4B9A-91A9-96125899AF01.jpeg

Replaced the other U-joint. Still have vibrations but slightly different 🤷‍♂️ If I can’t figure this out by the end of the week, no vacation trips with the Ute. Don’t want to drive 1000mi with this kind of vibration.

View attachment 3088750

View attachment 3088751

View attachment 3088752
looks like you are doing good job. I replaced my uni joints recently too, gave the drive shaft a good clean up. Was thinking of taking it to the pro driveshaft balance folks if I still got the vibes, but turns out it is fine at 115km/h... Got the front wheels re-balanced firstly.
The vibe difference between 60 and 65m/h may suggest a slight imbalance? Wheels balanced? Wheel balance lugs can come off, this happened to me too.

Do you have a good driveline shop where you live? I had a similar thing on a first gen dodge. Got the drive shaft re balanced. Was way better. Just a thought.

Do you have a good driveline shop where you live? I had a similar thing on a first gen dodge. Got the drive shaft re balanced. Was way better. Just a thought.
Yeah that’s my next move. I have a bad shock in the rear and have a replacement that has been riding around in the back of the dhl van for two days🙄 first stop today is dhl. If this doesn’t fix it then off to find a shop that can check for balance of the drive shaft and get it back to me by Friday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom