For Sale 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser - Los Angeles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
Outside Link
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/los-angeles-1999-toyota-land-cruiser/7481737763.html
Land Cruiser Exterior-25.jpg

I purchased this Land Cruiser in September 2020 from an owner in Encino, CA. It runs great and everything works. It was completely stock when I took possession and there is zero rust! It has the factory rear locker which is a great upgrade. It currently sits at 203,500 miles.

History
I’m the 4th owner. I believe the first owner was on a lease and put the most miles on the vehicle. The next owner was an older handicapped gentleman who passed away in 2020 and gave the vehicle to the third owner who sold it to me a few months later. This vehicle has always resided in southern California.

Overview
I had moved on from a 1989 FJ62 and was looking for a more modern family-friendly vehicle for road trips and overlanding adventures. The 100-series fits the bill perfectly and this stock vehicle was good to go as is or ready for mods. I couldn’t resist so here’s my journey.

Baseline
I acquired the vehicle at 185,000 miles and the sticker showed the timing belt had been done once, so I immediately took care of that and the water pump. During that service I also changed all fluids including full-synthetic oil, transfer case, diffs, and transmission drain and fill. I also replaced the heater-Ts which were in great condition and air filter.

New Paint
The clear coat was peeling so I had the trouble areas sanded and the entire vehicle painted the original Imperial Jade Mica.

Maintenance
I change the oil with full-synthetic and every 6,000 miles. Over the last year and a half I’ve replaced a few of the major maintenance issues due to wear and tear. These include:

OEM lower control arms
Freedom Off-road upper control arms
Rebuilt brake booster
New front pads and rotors turned
New wheel bearings and hubs
New fuse box, fuses, and relays
New radiator - Koyorad
New fuel filter
New cabin air filters
New CV boots
New tie rod ends and bushings
New Trail Tailor extended sway bar links and bushings
New vapor canister and gas cap
New tailgate window struts
New oil change valve for easy changes
New MAF and fuel pump (not needed, just grabbed on sale)

Modifications
On to the fun stuff. In between replacing worn parts and upgrading others, I made some mild mods to assist in what I planned on doing most with this truck and that is overland travel and the occasional mild trail here in southern California. These mods include:

Ironman Stage 2 Foam Cell Pro Suspension 2” lift: Rear medium springs, torsion bars, FCP shocks, diff drop
18” Tundra Wheels wrapped in new Toyo Open Country ATIII Tires - I also have the original 16” Toyota wheels with newish 275/85 BFG KO2
Front Runner Slimline II Roof Rack
Bora spacers 1.25”
White Knuckle DOM sliders
Ironman Bumper
ASFIR full skid plates
Mountain hatch tailgate cover - I also have original carpet tailgate hatch which is in excellent condition
Weathertech Floorliners
Lightforce Genesis LED Driving Lights
Phillips HIR Headlights
LED interior lights
Rear mud flap eliminator
Will include new Front Runner 2.5 M awning and kayak holders.

All work I performed myself or at the Toy Shop in Torrance or RPM Garage in Monrovia.

I kept a running tally of mods and repairs and I have all paperwork since ownership.

I can share CARFAX for serious buyers.

Title is clean and in my name. I’m moving and sadly need to downsize everything.

What's the list price or what did you sell for? I'm selling a '99 as well -

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom