Builds Another LV (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So who has a pair of NOS rubber heater tees for an LV? @cruiseroutfit @ClassiscCruisers @cityracer

These have outlived their expected lifespan by a few years. I’m thinking that these wont be easy to find.

I’m hoping that the brass ones from a 69-72ish ones will work, however I still need to find a pair of those as well.

9163D88B-6A4B-415B-8216-61A9FEB4601D.jpeg

Not one we have. I've been down this road before a many years ago. As I recall there was a random parts store t shape hose that could be modified to work reasonably well. Sorry, dont recall the specifics of been a decade or so.

LV was parked for 16 months while I was out of town avoiding COVID.

Didn’t even need a jump start and went right back to being my daily driver.

There is still a short to do list like getting the heater hooked back up before winter but nothing major.
EF3C79F7-83AD-455D-8C94-9FF06E9A2F0D.jpeg

2404EDFC-573A-473E-BDD6-A15777CAB3BF.jpeg

The first time I saw this LV in person was at the @georgiacruisers @toysfortots event at the Varsity in 2007. At that time I offered the owner a strait trade for my 03 Tundra. The owner said NO thanks.
I was later able to buy it in ~2012. Hard to believe I have had it for 10 years now.

Slow and steady improvements since then.

Next project is to install hensteath vent window gaskets.

I also found the original firewall pad that I’m going to have a local upholstery shop reproduce.

82D4BD0B-C6E6-4652-B8EA-4EC5B2835F28.jpeg
D4B1E8EB-AEB0-4A65-BDBF-ED30E2C7EDC8.jpeg
A3CFD658-B6D2-4EAE-8768-6781BA3EBE38.jpeg

I still have the Tundra and I also paid way less for the LV than the Tundra was worth at any point.

Last edited:
Pretty sure I bought the closest ignition switch I could for my 65 45 from SOR when I first got it. I don’t remember the year but pretty sure I have it in a box somewhere and I believe it looks identical to the one pictured. I’ll have to dig it up.
@DomSmith , Did you ever find this escutcheon that goes on the ignition switch?
I'd still like to get my hands on a few of these.
FJ Ignition  Escuteon.JPG

That one came from a 66 FST.

It’s the only one that I have ever seen.

Do you happen to have any Kurt?

Unfortunately not. Scott Onken from Eco Offroad bought the last few I had years ago.

One more piece of the puzzle.

I had a friend reproduce the crumbling firewall pad that I found in the parts stash that came with the LV.

They turned out great although I still don’t know what she is going to charge me for labor.

Mark ( @merbesfield ) has already claimed the second one. I could possibly provide a pattern to those who would be interested or see if she would make more if there is interest.

7F019741-BEB7-4DC5-9CAA-797F89A15476.jpeg

Last edited:
Those look great!
I'd be interested in one if you can get her to make more.

I had a friend reproduce the crumbling firewall pad that I found in the parts stash that came with the LV.

They turned out great although I still don’t know what she is going to charge me for labor. I have about $75 in vinyl and insulation so far.

Mark ( @merbesfield ) has already claimed the second one. I could possibly provide a pattern to those who would be interested or see if she would make more if there is interest.

View attachment 3116310
Thank you for remembering. Let me know what I owe you. Have a nice weekend everyone.

I would be in for one if you make more!
Jason

They turned out great although I still don’t know what she is going to charge me for labor. I have about $75 in vinyl and insulation so far.

View attachment 3116310
If you can provide a pattern, I'll have 2 made for me, and produce them for other people who want them.

or if you're selling them, I'm down for 2.

They turned out great although I still don’t know what she is going to charge me for labor.

View attachment 3116310
Hi Mike! Wow! well im new to making posts here on this thread i came across this and im looking to install this on the LV build in the shop how can i get my hands on one!?

As we discussed on IG I’ll drop mine in the mail so your upholstery shop can copy it.

Also check your firewall to see if the snaps on the firewall are in the same location as the pad I’m sending, before your guy puts them in the pad.

Even though I had the original one copied exactly some of the snaps are a bit off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom