Dissent, Lexus, yeti lx600 build! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

😂 Lexus and yeti wanted the cooler on the roof. We tried to talk them out of it!

Sometimes you simply have to do what the clients asks no matter how stupid. At least the move to a lift gate makes it easier to access than the old split tailgate…. 🤦‍♂️

Sometimes you simply have to do what the clients asks no matter how stupid. At least the move to a lift gate makes it easier to access than the old split tailgate…. 🤦‍♂️
Yes. Fortunately they did take a good bit of our advice and we were able to get this much more offroad friendly than the their original build plans. We only had 2 weeks to fully build and do a photo shoot so I told them we needed some freedom and really didn’t have the time to get renderings and design approval.

@benc I love the build and think the bumper work is fantastic, especially for a two week turnaround. Your bumpers for the 100 and 200 have high clearance options these days, just looking at pictures it doesn’t seem like the LX600 has been able to get as good of an approach angle as your other bumpers. I recognize there could be many different reasons for that. Now that you’ve spent some time with it, are there any obstructions (cooling devices maybe?) behind those massive grills that would prevent a higher clearance option? Maybe there are critical items in the way that would need to be relocated?

@benc I love the build and think the bumper work is fantastic, especially for a two week turnaround. Your bumpers for the 100 and 200 have high clearance options these days, just looking at pictures it doesn’t seem like the LX600 has been able to get as good of an approach angle as your other bumpers. I recognize there could be many different reasons for that. Now that you’ve spent some time with it, are there any obstructions (cooling devices maybe?) behind those massive grills that would prevent a higher clearance option? Maybe there are critical items in the way that would need to be relocated?
There are radiators all over the front lower fascia.

Yes. There is certainly a fair bit behind the grill. Mainly the intercoolers for the turbos.
That being said we didn’t explore a high clearance version too far as that is not what Lexus wanted. We are hoping to get them on board with a more aggressive offroad build but not sure if that will happen or not.

Last edited:
Great armor and design as usual.......... Just an ugly ass vehicle.
Needs a tailgate but when you compare to what’s available by other brands, it looks pretty good when it’s kitted out. Unfortunately, dealers are gouging with $60k over MSRP in my area.

Looks awesome, great job!

Yes. There is certainly a fair bit behind the grill. Mainly the intercoolers for the turbos.
That being said we didn’t explore a high clearance version too far as that is not what Lexus wanted. We are hoping to get them on board with a more aggressive offroad build but not sure if that will happen or not.
Nailed it. Dear lord I hope one shows up at LCDC next year.

Hey guys. We finally got the clear to share this build! We teamed up with Lexus, yeti, trekboxx, Stellar built, comeup, agency6 and rigid industries to build this 2022 lx600 f sport. We had 2 weeks to build this up from stock! More details to come but here are some photos. Enjoy!
View attachment 3066214View attachment 3066215View attachment 3066217View attachment 3066218View attachment 3066219

Does anybody know what kind of suspension they are running on this LX600? The videos I have found on youtube did not cover it. It looks to be stock AHC suspension with possibly an upgrade to the rear springs for the added weight?

Does anybody know what kind of suspension they are running on this LX600? The videos I have found on youtube did not cover it. It looks to be stock AHC suspension with possibly an upgrade to the rear springs for the added weight?
It's stock AHC, suspension was not modified. The AHC in the 600 has two high settings though which is what you may be noticing

It's stock AHC, suspension was not modified. The AHC in the 600 has two high settings though which is what you may be noticing
Thanks, I am wondering how they are tackling the extra weight of the bumper, lights, drawers, fridge, etc.

Heavier rated springs and/or airbags?

That truck got built in two weeks so suspension wasn't touched. Dobinsons has rear coil springs for the 300 that should work on non ahc trucks for sure. We're even running them in the new Sequoia right now.
Thanks. Do you know if replacing the AVS suspension will throw any codes? Currently looking to lift my '23 F Sport LX600, and hoping my 295/70R18 will fit with no rubbing :)

And now that I've seen the LC 250 debut, well, this looks ever better.

Hey guys. We finally got the clear to share this build! We teamed up with Lexus, yeti, trekboxx, Stellar built, comeup, agency6 and rigid industries to build this 2022 lx600 f sport. We had 2 weeks to build this up from stock! More details to come but here are some photos. Enjoy!
View attachment 3066214View attachment 3066215View attachment 3066217View attachment 3066218View attachment 3066219
I’m a fan. 🤙🏻

I think these tires are 285/60/20’s on the 9.5 width HF6-4 wheel.. which offset wheel did you use there and did that tire package extend outside the body? I haven’t found a straight ahead shot to see if the flares were necessary to cover some added width.

I’d like to do that wheel / tire package without the flares if I can get by without them.

I’m a fan. 🤙🏻

I think these tires are 285/60/20’s on the 9.5 width HF6-4 wheel.. which offset wheel did you use there and did that tire package extend outside the body? I haven’t found a straight ahead shot to see if the flares were necessary to cover some added width.

I’d like to do that wheel / tire package without the flares if I can get by without them.

You may want to check out this thread.

😂 Lexus and yeti wanted the cooler on the roof. We tried to talk them out of it!
I guess that one is the reserve...since there are three more in it :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom