tail light replacement: options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.thecoldfish.com
A couple weeks ago, I was rear-ended by a Dodge Ram on the freeway. The collision took out my tailgate, lift gate, rear crossmember, and the DS lenses on my tail lights.

The most challenging thing to replace appears to be the on-tailgate tail light. Toyota has discontinued the part.

Can anyone recommend an alternative to the Toyota part? I ran across a product (SKU 1045849) from ozeparts that looks like it might work.

They won't make any statement about fitment for a US 100 series, so I'm turning to the hive mind, here. Can anyone confirm these are a reasonable replacement for a 2004-era 100 series?

Is there another replacement I could look for and consider?

Thanks in advance.

--Jason

IMG_0583.JPG

Last edited:
I replaced mine with good used units from a junkyard for cheap.

Alternatively, you could upgrade to the 2006-2007 lights, which are still available new from Toyota.

7C319DF7-E4A8-42F1-A0F3-8CD72ACC4666.jpeg

I replaced mine with good used units from a junkyard for cheap.

Alternatively, you could upgrade to the 2006-2007 lights, which are still available new from Toyota.

View attachment 3071270

Thanks for this part number. Area scrapyards have nothing.

There are aftermarket LEDs on ebay, mine fit great. It's a different look than stock, but you can replace all the tail lights for a fairly low price.

There are aftermarket LEDs on ebay, mine fit great. It's a different look than stock, but you can replace all the tail lights for a fairly low price.
Thanks. Your reply gave me another direction for investigation, and it lead me to this non-eBay option:

I'm going to see how this works for me. If they are decent, I'll say so here. And I'll put my RH set of lights up for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom