80 Series General Tech and Classifieds (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TLC has made a name for themselves, haven't they? They're the only reason I can figure a truck like this can go so high. (Granted, the miles are certainly low(er) for a truck of this age, but it's not new.)

Check out the prices on the TLC services performed.

Jay Carney had a 40 that went there for some work. There was an invoice. They had some insane prices like $500 for photos and that was 15+ years ago

Local guy. Blake Thomas.

“97 collectors
4.88s
Triple locked
All new Land Cruiser heaven seats, new Carpet, I dynamated the whole truck. Arb bumpers front and back. New 35 in nittos. Upgraded driveshafts. All the little pesky problems have been done. 197k miles”

Saw it today. Legit.

$26,000

378EA8AB-B289-41EB-B372-B8FB87DAFC2E.jpeg

Is it white or desert dune? Hard to tell from here...
Local guy. Blake Thomas.

“97 collectors
4.88s
Triple locked
All new Land Cruiser heaven seats, new Carpet, I dynamated the whole truck. Arb bumpers front and back. New 35 in nittos. Upgraded driveshafts. All the little pesky problems have been done. 197k miles”

Saw it today. Legit.

$26,000

View attachment 3070831

Local guy. Blake Thomas.

“97 collectors
4.88s
Triple locked

Saw it today. Legit.

$26,000

View attachment 3070831

That’s one of ours. Did not know it was on the market. It’s definitely a solid truck.

John Garbo's Customer of ours.
Its got the 2UZ in it. Coming to a Crawl near you!
So that's the BaT 80 that's going up Ingrids!

Looking at a 94 that has torque converter shudder. Can any reputable transmission shop handle a rebuild or do I need to take it to a specific shop? Any shop recommendations? I’m on the coast.

Looking at a 94 that has torque converter shudder. Can any reputable transmission shop handle a rebuild or do I need to take it to a specific shop? Any shop recommendations? I’m on the coast.
What makes you think it’s that?

Because it feels like tc shudder I’ve experienced on other cars

Because it feels like tc shudder I’ve experienced on other cars
Ok. The a442 trans needing a rebuild or torque converter is really unlikely, IMO. Without knowing any details whatsoever I would lean towards it being a misfire of some sort.

Since it’s for sale it could be something as stupid as water somewhere it doesn’t belong from the owner trying to clean the engine bay.

I sold my 97 with 290K miles (11 years ago) and the TC (NOPE, VC) went out on it shortly after.

New owner removed it and rocked on.

Last edited:
Ok. The a442 trans needing a rebuild or torque converter is really unlikely, IMO. Without knowing any details whatsoever I would lean towards it being a misfire of some sort.

Since it’s for sale it could be something as stupid as water somewhere it doesn’t belong from the owner trying to clean the engine bay.
I’ve heard the A442F is very tough, and that it’s likely an electrical or computer problem.

However, I can’t find any chafing (not super familiar with an 80 engine bay) and it happens when you’d expect it to (when the TC is trying to lock up in 3rd gear at 2100 rpm’s).

Any help is appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom