Side Trim on "Collectors Edition" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LockedCollector, what makes you say they are trash? They appear to be reasonably close to the originals and fit okay. Looks like the black part is shiny plastic where I think it's matte on the OEM stuff. They just feel chintzy?
The grey reflective part is yellowish. It says so on the EBay website but didn’t think they were going to be that yellow. Doesn’t show in the pic but noticeable in person.

I had a set of these. Really horrible material and the text and the lines were crooked. In general, they have the quality of something you would buy from a dollar store.
Totally agree with dollar tree analogy, I don’t put them on becausei don’t want anybody to be embarrassed for me. Either you have a CE or you don’t, it’s just stateside stickers and other trinkets anyways.

Can anyone tell me what holds the 2 front door belts/mouldings in place? Are there rivets or is it just glue/tape? I am planning to replace mine and want to plan accordingly ;)

TIA

Can anyone tell me what holds the 2 front door belts/mouldings in place? Are there rivets or is it just glue/tape? I am planning to replace mine and want to plan accordingly ;)

TIA

Tape

3m makes an autobody adhesive tape that looked like the original that I found when I pulled a piece of the trim on my collectors edition. The 3m tape has a foam body/core that gives it a little thickness, but not very much, and is gray. You can get this tape in a number of widths and it's often available in local auto parts stores.

here are a few examples from Amazon:

You can pull the trim pieces and measure if you want to exactly duplicate the width of the factory tape.

Something like this, in a drill, can be a good way to manage removal of the old adhesive:

Don't overdo that removal wheel on the trim pieces as the wheel can eat into the trim piece if you run it too hard in one spot. Painted metal is more forgiving of a little friction/heat from the wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom