What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (52 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Exploring some areas with the fam that I have been trying to get to for years. A rare moment of zero crowds at a great sliding fall/swimming hole and a few a-trac inducing spots on a forest service road.
1353F255-1C1D-4831-A6F7-EE260F594CA1.jpeg
1D701316-6C62-4AA1-AE27-8C63C2BFF9ED.jpeg

Installed a little lightweight protection. @turbo8 RLCA skids and Kaon shock guards went on without much trouble. I'm not a fan of lollipop nuts though. Also continued some of my rust prevention regime. Not looking too bad for an 8 year old.
image_50401537.JPG
image_16888833.JPG
image_50413313.JPG
image_17178625.JPG

Looking good!

Thanks Oliver! I failed to mention the great customer service Oliver (@turbo8) provided when my LCA skids showed up w/o hardware. USPS decided to play soccer with the package and ejected the hardware somewhere in route. He re-sent the hardware no questions asked.

Do you detail the underbits? 2014 and looks new.
Not really. Ever since cosmoline came out with the "black" version of their product I've only been wiping down any areas that start to show signs of surface rust and I either brush or spay on a thin layer. It matches the factory black very well and easy to maintain, but it's a little messy when you apply it. It dries to a hard wax coating that seems to last quite a while and repels water nicely. What's also nice is how easily it is to clean off in cases where you overspray. Diesel or gasoline are the recommended clean-up, but I found a little WD-40 works great. I guess we won't know for sure for a few more years, but I really like it.

That's it for now. I have to put some bolts to fix all together. I'm waiting for drawer slider to finish it. Next is wiring for my Victron gear. 3rd battery is behind the fridge. At the end I will do some painting and carpeting

Looks really good! Make sure you leave space for ventilation for the Victron charger. The 360W Orions get pretty warm from what I hear. Also, be careful with charging that lead acid battery in the passenger space.

I've been considering a snorkel since so many of the places I go in the summer around central Oregon are insanely dusty. Have you been monitoring the condition of your air filter? Curious what led you to go ahead and install the snorkel?

Well, dust and water management are certainly a benefit. I do get dusted out a lot on the trails over here. Moving the intake from the fender liner to the a pillar should help.

But...

1659547503287.png

This is the real reason. This picture angle doesn't really show it well. It was bugging me. A $400 snorkus is way less expensive than body repair. You see, there was an incident between Mrs. OregonLC and a sign in a parking lot... The snork landed in the exact right spot.

Added 'Yuge' mall points and eliminated the eyesore at the same time. Snork FTW.

Last edited:
Well, dust and water management are certainly a benefit. I do get dusted out a lot on the trails over here. Moving the intake from the fender liner to the a pillar should help.

But...

View attachment 3076740

This is the real reason. This picture angle doesn't really show it well. It was bugging me. A $400 snorkus is way less expensive than body repair. You see, there was an incident between Mrs. OregonLC and a sign in a parking lot... The snork landed in the exact right spot.

Added 'Yuge' mall points and eliminated the eyesore at the same time. Snork FTW.
this reminds me of when my wife rear ended someone in my week old fjcruiser years ago. ARB "had to be purchased" to fix what she did to it, lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom