What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yes, I suppose that could have been clearer— moving the box back will have less impact on your mpg. If it's as far back as it will go before the open hatch touches, the air won't catch it as much vs being right above the windshield.

yes, I suppose that could have been clearer— moving the box back will have less impact on your mpg. If it's as far back as it will go before the open hatch touches, the air won't catch it as much vs being right above the windshield.
Ok
Thanks I will do that.

drag force = 0.5 * coefficient of drag * air density * frontal area * velocity squared

Moving the box will do little to affect drag coefficient - the truck is still a brick. Slow down, or get the load off the roof and onto a trailer.

Or buy the gas and enjoy the trip. It's just money. We'll make more.

This reminds me of the "Myth Busters" where they debunked the age old tailgate down pickup mileage thing. Tailgate down was worst mileage.

Last edited:
1658461063910.jpeg
1658461118876.jpeg
1658461147963.jpeg

1658461196250.jpeg

Headed to the mountains for a relaxing Sunday outing to our favorite lake, still a hidden treasure with nobody at the lake but us and our friends. Caught some Brook Trout fly fishing, climbed a talus slope, and just chillaxed. The destination is almost as good as the drive in the 60… 🤣

More fieldwork in the Kisatchie National Forest in SW Louisiana. Been dry so road conditions have been mild but dusty at times. I'd rather deal with some mud than dust clouds that envelope the whole truck. No need for 4WD or even low range this week. This shot was taken at the end of a FS road that sees little use and is becoming overgrown with shrubs and low hanging trees. I drive it to get to one of the field sites.

IMG_8393.jpg

Replaced all the vacuum tubing and PCV valve. Probably had 50 small vacuum leaks:rolleyes:. It's the little things that can matter the most sometime. The car has been sitting awaiting my body man to fetch it and finish the body and paint so during this time I would start the car about once a month to keep seals from drying out and I noticed that after it warmed up a fair amount of smoke rolling out from the engine bay. My thought was while it sits the valve cover must be leaking so oil is on the exhaust manifold so I did a really good cleaning but the same results. Dang! and then 💡! I wonder if the PCV valve is bad. Duh, Voila! all good.

IMG_5053.jpg
IMG_5054.jpg

View attachment 3065592
Headed to the mountains for a relaxing Sunday outing to our favorite lake, still a hidden treasure with nobody at the lake but us and our friends. Caught some Brook Trout fly fishing, climbed a talus slope, and just chillaxed. The destination is almost as good as the drive in the 60… 🤣
What gauges are those? Also, nice Hood.

What gauges are those? Also, nice Hood.
Speedhut gauges.

Installed a rear fuse box with master switch and switch panel. I didn't want to remove the rear panels when I needed to replace fuses so I went with installing it on the inside of the washer door.

rear fuse pannel interior.jpg

rear fuse pannel.jpg

Mock up on the intercooler, radiator and SPAL fan shroud is done. Will get this assy sealed up next week.

New Denso condenser, stainless battery tray, new OEM hood latch, cable, overflow bottle with hose and cap.

Building the AC hoses next week and tie into the evaporator and dryer.

PXL_20220730_153447547.jpg
PXL_20220730_153748666.jpg
PXL_20220730_154602082.jpg
PXL_20220730_154932542.jpg
PXL_20220730_160245262.jpg

I have brought back the international language logo non-USA FJ60 Choke Knob back from the dead …

89B1C0CD-2D78-4514-A38A-143A70999A70.jpeg
9D72E0A1-7B98-46C4-A139-E562CA2E634C.jpeg

20220730_112912.jpg

Posing at a carwash fundraiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom