Facebook admin questiom (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m still an admin on our Facebook page from forever ago. I’m seeing some stuff that looks like spam getting posted (selling t shirts and parts and stuff). Would you guys like me to block that stuff and delete it? Who moderates it now?

Please block that crapola.

I’ll block it. Who mods the page now? I don’t mind to but I’m admittedly not an active memeber any more. Maybe I can get with someone and we can set up some rules

Are you able to appoint who is a moderator? I wasn't able to do that

I’m assuming that I can. I just deleted posts and blocked a handful of people. Theres one dude that posted the same ad about 20 times.

there are a lot of options but I cant see an admin list on my phone. I’ll look on my desktop tomorrow .

I asked about admins on the FB page years ago and I believe we added someone else or there was another admin or two.

Again, I’m happy to help but it would be good to know who else has access or who I can add to it. We could also set it up a bit differently to make it better!

I think we have the same level of access then. I wasn't able to find that either to add people as admins or anything like that but I can delete posts and block people.

I also do not get on the book of faces very much and sometimes forget we have the page

I wonder who initially set up the page?

I created it years and years ago, but I am not a fan of facebook and never get on it. I will look to see what I can do.

I have no idea how to stop ads. Seems like Facebook purposefully doesn't provide that option so they can sell eyeballs.

All it appears you can do is select your personal preferences for seeing ads and keep blocking the companies you have no interest in.

i don't have the offending facebook posts in front of me, but going from memory, they appeared as "posts" to the group from another member. but were clearly ads from a non-member.

i personally ignored them b/c i wasn't sure if there were any settings to restrict this beyond banning the specific individual?

i don't have the offending facebook posts in front of me, but going from memory, they appeared as "posts" to the group from another member. but were clearly ads from a non-member.

i personally ignored them b/c i wasn't sure if there were any settings to restrict this beyond banning the specific individual?
I banned one lol I think they are "members" of the fb page but pretty much anyone can become one. We can put an approval process in place, add some initial questions for people interested in the group and add community guidelines. Its not a huge issue really as its not super active. I suppose I'm just making sure a "not so active" guy that hasn't paid dues in a long time can monitor the FB page and keep it cleaned up

Also, didn't want to ban some t-shirt peddler that turns out to be a regular member of the club and well loved individual!

I’ve banned people but I’m not sure they are banned from the page or I just can’t see them anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom