New to the group (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey y'all, I'm new to the Landcruiser/Lexus world. I picked up this 98 LX470 last Saturday morning, and hit the trails with a friend in his New Rubicon that night. Truck was completely stock when I bought it outside of the wheels and 33s, with a great maintenance history including most wear parts being replaced within 18 months, and the interior is perfect except for the telescoping wheel not working.

Conveniently, I live about 35 minutes from Slee, so tomorrow I'm picking up an ARB front bumper, winch, OME lift, skid plates and rock sliders.

IMG_4918.jpg

Nice. How many miles does it have on it and did you get a good deal?

Nice. How many miles does it have on it and did you get a good deal?
It’s a bit over 200k, but had a full maintenance history, including timing belt, CV joints, steering rack etc all replaced within about 40k miles. All the maintenance crap you find needing done when you start modifying a rig was taken care of. And it’s completely rust free. After working on old Jeep’s in the Midwest, not having to use multiple fans of PB blast and a torch to get suspension bolts lose was amazing.

That sounds awesome! Might want to dig into the front hubs to ensure they were put together correctly. Many have found the lock washer and other items not installed correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom