What did you do on your 70 series today? (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

probably culture difference,,,, just a joke about "alone time"
I believe wives are mostly the same everywhere....and the kids are getting bigger and less willing to spend time with dad, hence the landcruiser :rofl:

Not exactly sure I fully understand, but if you are referring to my second half, she don't mind as long as I am keeping myself busy....
Cheers
That usually keeps your second half happy until she feels ignored.

Installed the new door cards today. Need some more small bits and pieces but mostly complete.

C7F7807F-6AEE-41C8-B46D-725526B33F32.jpeg

288FCBB9-B47E-4275-B4ED-7CC868BB91ED.jpeg

And the original cards got wrapped up and put away. (I never liked the vinyl over the door top style cards). They will go back on if I ever sell the cruiser.

09BCCEA9-C9D6-4F51-ABDE-75AD3DCF78B5.jpeg

Last edited:
How does one roll them windows up and down?
Power windows?

Don’t know if they completely fail at some point but the transmission doohickey that activates the backup lights (and backup camera) had become intermittent so it was time for a new one. 😊
D18FC4B3-1D11-4969-A05C-9F091B6F44A1.jpeg

@FJ73Texas ….. (I never liked the vinyl over the door top style cards)
—————————————————————————————————————

Was the vinyl in poor condition or otherwise blemished?

@FJ73Texas ….. (I never liked the vinyl over the door top style cards)
—————————————————————————————————————

Was the vinyl in poor condition or otherwise blemished?

Not at all. The vinyl itself is good on the original cards.

The drivers side inside handle which also holds the switches is slightly worn on the original cards but the new cards came with a new inside handles so it wasn't an issue either.

The cardboard (masonite) backing on the original cards seemed to be pretty soft and flimsy, possibly with old age. You know like how old particle board gets over time when it absorbs moisture except there was no sign of moisture ever being inside the doors. I guess that stuff ages and wears just like rubbers and plastics?

A friend stopped by with his new to him 1999 HZJ78. He has a roll cage, 5 point harnesses, dual shocks on all 4 corners and lots of skid plates with no lift. It looks like the previous owner liked the dunes. They moved all the batteries to behind the drivers seat for less weight on the front suspension and more even weight distribution between the wheels.
1658975144903.jpeg

1658975500665.jpeg
1658975596581.jpeg

1658975553947.jpeg

A friend stopped by with his new to him 1999 HZJ78. He has a roll cage, 5 point harnesses, dual shocks on all 4 corners and lots of skid plates with no lift. It looks like the previous owner liked the dunes. They moved all the batteries to behind the drivers seat for less weight on the front suspension and more even weight distribution between the wheels.
View attachment 3070972

View attachment 3070984View attachment 3070989

View attachment 3070987
I can’t imagine dual OME shocks. Seems like it would be stiff as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom