Builds Project Pikachu: 1977 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fired up Pikachu and took her to town for lunch and a wash, followed by a short hike in the National Forest.

Soft top windows are up and open for the fun season. 2F runs like a top.

Love this ole 40.
IMG_9600.jpeg

Love those shots. Ohio Red is about to make the trek out to CO to its new home in the Uncompaghre. Now I just need to figure out how to tune for the altitude, or get the sniper in...
Very cool. No need for a Sniper. Just adjust idle speed up and advance timing once you get here. Should run just fine as long as the rig is well-tuned.

Had to scrap a camping trip to the high mountain passes due to rain, so my son and I spent the day hanging by the river, eating great food, and enjoying 100 miles of back roads in the 40.

Got flagged down by a JeffCo Sheriff today to tell us how badass the FJ40 was. Quite a fun day.
DJI_0038.JPG

DJI_0046.JPG

I know this restaurant. That’s Zokas in Pine, Colorado. I used to live about 15 minutes from there. I heard the bucksnort changed ownership.
Yep! Wings are some of the best I’ve ever had.

I haven’t been to Bucksnort since the new ownership. I need to stop by there soon. There are still some old dollar bills of mine tacked to the ceiling there.

We spent an afternoon exploring the national forest towards Fern Creek and then an old burn scar area. Got caught in very heavy thunderstorms but had a great time. Colorado is super green this year from the amount of rain we have had. I am very thankful for that.

Pikachu continues to be such an awesome way for my son and I to bond and make lifelong memories exploring these back roads.
IMG_0421.jpeg

IMG_0417.jpeg

IMG_0414.jpeg

Good stuff.
He will be driving soon….has he laid claim to one of them yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom