CD Changer Removal Open Hole Cover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Has anyone figured out a way to install an Aux port on the CD changer line? What kind of connection terminates on the back of the CD changer? Could we put an adapter that converts that into an 3.5mm Aux port? Why remove the CD player and not use that line for something useful.

Has anyone figured out a way to install an Aux port on the CD changer line? What kind of connection terminates on the back of the CD changer? Could we put an adapter that converts that into an 3.5mm Aux port? Why remove the CD player and not use that line for something useful.
Yes

Yes

Thanks for this link. If I am reading this correctly, I think this is an overkill. I am only looking to tap the line that comes into the CD changer and put a BT or Aux terminator port on it. I am not looking to pull the dash apart to access the back of the head unit. How do I use this BT-45 TOY to do that?

Taking a step further, could I tap the line coming into the CD changer in the arm rest without even removing the CD changer to put in an aftermarket Aux port or even a BT adapter?

Thanks for this link. If I am reading this correctly, I think this is an overkill. I am only looking to tap the line that comes into the CD changer and put a BT or Aux terminator port on it. I am not looking to pull the dash apart to access the back of the head unit. How do I use this BT-45 TOY to do that?

Taking a step further, could I tap the line coming into the CD changer in the arm rest without even removing the CD changer to put in an aftermarket Aux port or even a BT adapter?
If I understand what your going for I think It's kind of doing what your describing, just at the head unit instead of at the CD player.

It's actually really easy to take the face plate off and get the stereo/nav out even with minimal experience. If I remember right what I did was remove the CD wire harness and the you plug the bt45 into the head unit. There's enough space to just run the bt45 wires down and out towards the passenger or driver foot well.
Few zip ties , a tool to pop the face plate off and a I think a 10mm gets it all done.

I am taking orders on M46.

The following chart shows the three versions:
M46V1 Pocket ($60 plus shipping)
M46V2 Fixed Spaces ($70 plus shipping)
M46V3 Configurable Spaces with 4 Plates ($80 plus shipping)

Shipping cost is $12.1. You will get it fully assembled.

2022-07-24_10-51-15.jpg

I am taking orders on M46.

The following chart shows the three versions:
M46V1 Pocket ($60 plus shipping)
M46V2 Fixed Spaces ($70 plus shipping)
M46V3 Configurable Spaces with 4 Plates ($80 plus shipping)

Shipping cost is $12.1. You will get it fully assembled.

View attachment 3067571
How do we order ? I'll go for a v3 . Hopefully my aux wiring will still fit underneath this setup.

Hey Ben, Looks great and ready to purchase. Already have your cup holder and usb conversion for the rear audio controls which are great. Just wish I had ordered the cup holder in tan, ha ha. Wondering it the insert for the dividers is fixed to the bottom plate or removable. Thanks

Got mine installed, worked perfectly. Snapped right in place.
I was able to keep some aux. wiring under and it pops out the back. There was enough space for all of that. I ended up just getting V1 which is an open space. The slotted area seemed cool at first but it's a pretty small space and doobies will definitely get lost down there.

Got mine installed, worked perfectly. Snapped right in place.
I was able to keep some aux. wiring under and it pops out the back. There was enough space for all of that. I ended up just getting V1 which is an open space. The slotted area seemed cool at first but it's a pretty small space and doobies will definitely get lost down there.
has anyone figured out how to order one of these?

Ben, your stuff is awesome and I will be messaging you to order a number of things shortly. Wanted to toss out an idea here and see if you think it would be possible. Some sort of a secure locking hinged lid for this CD changer space. Goal is to securely store a pistol locked in the center console. Just need to prevent smash and grab access, no need for fancy California DOT requirements. Haven't been able to find a safe that would fit the area, have spent hours scouring the web. Let me know what you think.

Here's a link to what jungle cat did with his. It's awesome but I don't have the time or skills to make this happen. Figured this would give you some ideas for feasibility of the hinge/lock if you're interested.

Let me know what you think

Thanks,

pat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom