For Sale Most Recent 80 Series Prices (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
There is a similar thread in both the 100 and 200 Classifieds Sections, makes sense here too. These trucks are changing hands at a rapid rate these days, having consolidated live market data is a nice thing for both buyers and sellers.

If you have recently bought or sold an 80 series and are comfortable sharing the details, post it here.

That's such a scary risk to me.

5D1E7337-745E-4E70-AC0F-9681B5F89ADE.jpeg

FWIW this week I sold a faded but respectable looking 91 fj80 with the engine removed, disassembled and in the back for 3k, I probably could have sold 5 at 2800, and none at 3800
20220524_133342.jpg

Why is it too risky? There has been big money spent on the well-presented trucks.

It's the ones with a reserve that aren't getting bid because the bidders all know the seller's head is still in the clouds on price. You'll likely get your best offer on BaT than any other platform, so why not go for it?

Or you can sell it for half that price to us cheap bastards...

Why is it too risky? There has been big money spent on the well-presented trucks.

It's the ones with a reserve that aren't getting bid because the bidders all know the seller's head is still in the clouds on price. You'll likely get your best offer on BaT than any other platform, so why not go for it?

Or you can sell it for half that price to us cheap bastards...
I just took issue with the fact that they danced around denying my listing due to my preference of wanting a reserve. Just come out and say it front the jump.

You’re 100% right and while I’ve done more research, I think going full tilt with no reserve is probably the best bet.

There are 2 80s and 2 100s on BAT right now, all with no reserve.

When this one lists it 'ought to be interesting.

It's not just 80 series, BAT are hammering away at everyone with all kinds of vehicles to go no reserve. Makes sense for them they get guaranteed commission no matter how much the seller loses. Obviously if you get the right day and the right couple of people in a pissing contest for your rig you can make out in a big way. Problem is I have seen plenty of guys lose their shirt on no reserve auctions because it didn't get the right sets of eyes on it or ended on the wrong day/time etc. I suppose it depends on how much one is willing to gamble. I'm not big on gambling

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are on what a factory TRD Super Charger adds to the value of one?

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are on what a factory TRD Super Charger adds to the value of one?
Thought about this the other day. I have a new kit, that's never been installed. Undecided on listing the cruiser NA, with the blower installed, or including it uninstalled.

Thought about this the other day. I have a new kit, that's never been installed. Undecided on listing the cruiser NA, with the blower installed, or including it uninstalled.
I believe you'd come out ahead by selling it separately.

The superchargers were a factory approved accessory not factory installed, so in my valuation they are in a different category than the factory installed lockers which are a typical value add of $5k minimum on most cruisers and more on collector quality units.

With superchargers, a 200k+ mile average condition Cruiser, with a home or unknown installation SC, probably $2-$3k, but should make it sell quicker and easier.

A sub 100k mile Cruiser with a TRD SC installed at time of purchase with documentation, possibly $5k-$10k in additional value on a collector quality rig.

As a direct answer a new in the box Is worth more than the added value of a later installation on most Cruisers.

BTW, PM if you decide to sell the SC separately, it would be a nice fit on my keeper 58k mile Sage 40th!!!

Last edited:
You can try Cars and Bids also
I would advise against that if possible. If you need to move it quick and want it gone in a couple of weeks then cars and bids is fine (their backlog is way smaller than bat), but you almost certainly won’t get as much money on there vs. bat if they accept your submission and you aren’t in a rush. Also, don’t think cars and bids won’t beat you up on the reserve. They will. Cars and Bids simply doesn’t have the user base that bring a trailer has. The users on cars and bids are mostly on the younger side and have much less money to spend

I’m gonna go check this one out today since it’s the nearest to me clean example I’ve seen in a few months. Anything I should especially look out for? The autocheck came back clean, AZ truck since new. The only possible concern I see is that the current owner might be a flipper because the title changed 3 months ago. Any input is appreciated from the experts! TIA

Anything I should especially look out for? The autocheck came back clean, AZ truck since new.

Yeah, I'd see if they'd be willing to sell for $8,000 to $12,000...

In any case, if the title isn't in the name of the seller, I'd personally walk away. I don't play with curbstoners and flippers.

If it's an enthusiast that's actually bled and sweat into it and is taking a loss on at least their time, I'd consider playing, but the price is still way too high for what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom