Builds 1964 FJ45 Short Bed Fixed Top Pickup Restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It’s a shame you did this to such and original truck. :rofl:

Kidding, great job keeping the bloodline intact with huge improvements. I bet it drives so nice.

Finally getting to bring it home too. Personally I would be too impatient to have a shipper bring it to me and would have made a ride trip out of it. I understand though you have a stable full of options to hold you over until arrives.

Great job to the entire team that put it together and thanks for the entertainment!:beer:

It’s a shame you did this to such and original truck. :rofl:

Kidding, great job keeping the bloodline intact with huge improvements. I bet it drives so nice.

Finally getting to bring it home too. Personally I would be too impatient to have a shipper bring it to me and would have made a ride trip out of it. I understand though you have a stable full of options to hold you over until arrives.

Great job to the entire team that put it together and thanks for the entertainment!:beer:
I had a few ideas about driving it back. This one drives so well. Unfortunately, I am in the middle of moving to a new place and my fiancé would murder me if I left to go road trip a truck home.

We took her on a farewell tour this afternoon. We have a goldmine of pictures to go through.

F4A62C2B-A524-4EAA-A2E5-C987B5D0B6DC.jpeg

Three hours of 100 degree city driving and temps hovered at 198.

8EF6202D-7477-44C3-821F-808A3500B704.jpeg

DDC95390-C5FF-4DD0-8DD9-84FFDA9552C6.jpeg

217F7AFC-0CB1-4532-A2D2-0CEBE2062EE4.jpeg

E20719E3-69A6-46D9-B5B9-E424126B7690.jpeg

The 1FZ is so clean in this truck! Makes we want to revisit the Ramjet 350 in my Fj45.
You are welcome to take this one for a spin.

I don’t think I ever really explained how this truck happened. @wngrog had just finished working on my yellow 40 for the first time. Nolen, @FJ60Cam, @OGBeno and I had this chat going and decided to build some cool 40 series with a Mosley Motor. That was about all there was to the plan. This truck happened to be the nicest and most unique truck on the market at that time so I bought it.

Nolen picked me up from the airport the same day I bought the truck. I was going to be road tripping the yellow 40 back home. As we were walking out of the airport he said Cam really wanted to build this 1FZ with the carb intake and Sniper etc etc. I casually said that sounded like a great idea.

And here we are now.

Pretty sure that's exactly the expression I'd have if I was riding shotgun!
It is a really fun truck to drive. The majority of driving is done in 3rd gear. I can run 60 mph while turning 3,000 RPM and the engine loves it. The 4th gear is turning 2200 RPMs at 60 mph. Steers great and stops on a dime.

I would also note that I had been hearing/reading a lot about the tiny short bed cabs. With the modifications done by @wngrog, this thing is probably more comfortable than the red removable top version (bigger cab).

The 1FZ is an incredibly smooth engine.

With the modifications done by @wngrog, this thing is probably more comfortable than the red removable top version (bigger cab).
If I wasn’t lazy I’d go back through all 68 pages of this build to refresh my memory as to what/why this might be possible. Or I could just grovel a bit and hope a bit more info would be provided as to what/why this is 😏.

If I wasn’t lazy I’d go back through all 68 pages of this build to refresh my memory as to what/why this might be possible. Or I could just grovel a bit and hope a bit more info would be provided as to what/why this is 😏.

I used the 4Plus firewall plate for the Saginaw steering and pushed the steering wheel wheel up and forward

So it was the steering wheel adjustment, not any seat adjustment?

Great stuff guys, that’s why I ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom