Rainman is retiring... kinda (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rainman

Wondering what my next vehicle will be...
Threads
Fellow Cruiser guy and gals. It’s been a ton of fun for many years to drive, wheel, break, and restore FJ40s. For about 7 years, I’ve enjoyed helping many owners out with brake lines for their ailing trucks. Over the past couple of years, a number of things have put gaps in a previously steady stream of making brake lines. I’ve hated to tell folks that I couldn’t get to their lines for “x” amount of time. Those breaks in production have become more common too. Well, now I’ve sold my last FJ40, I’ve moved to a smaller place to prepare for our coming older years, and now I believe it’s time for me to shut down. I hate to do it but I believe it’s for the best. I’ll be doing something else to occupy my time.

So thanks go to all of you who’ve ordered brake lines from me. Thanks for trusting me with your Cruisers. I hope those lines last as long as they should. For the rest of your time with it. It’s been a pleasure.

And Thanks to all my Cruiser buddies for the times and laughs. This last GSMTR was a hoot after a very long spell away from it. Got to see some "old" pals while there too. I'll still be around to talk Cruisers. I still have way too much info in my brain that I can't even understand why with as bad a memory as I have. Anyway. I'll still surf Mud from time to time. Not likely to post much though.

Rainey. Better known as Rainman.

Fellow Cruiser guy and gals. It’s been a ton of fun for many years to drive, wheel, break, and restore FJ40s. For about 7 years, I’ve enjoyed helping many owners out with brake lines for their ailing trucks. Over the past couple of years, a number of things have put gaps in a previously steady stream of making brake lines. I’ve hated to tell folks that I couldn’t get to their lines for “x” amount of time. Those breaks in production have become more common too. Well, now I’ve sold my last FJ40, I’ve moved to a smaller place to prepare for our coming older years, and now I believe it’s time for me to shut down. I hate to do it but I believe it’s for the best. I’ll be doing something else to occupy my time.

So thanks go to all of you who’ve ordered brake lines from me. Thanks for trusting me with your Cruisers. I hope those lines last as long as they should. For the rest of your time with it. It’s been a pleasure.

And Thanks to all my Cruiser buddies for the times and laughs. This last GSMTR was a hoot after a very long spell away from it. Got to see some "old" pals while there too. I'll still be around to talk Cruisers. I still have way too much info in my brain that I can't even understand why with as bad a memory as I have. Anyway. I'll still surf Mud from time to time. Not likely to post much though.

Rainey. Better known as Rainman.
Sad for the community, but happy for you. Enjoy this next phase of your life!

Thanks guys. I'm not huge over the hill but we are down sizing the house and yard. Going back to having neighbors again will be good. And a 4 car garage with a nice big slot for my '32 will be a huge welcome. It'll be back from getting a new transmission just in time for the move too.

You know those little tape stickers you attach to each brake line you build? I’ve left those on all my brakes lines you built for me, after I installed them, as a witness to their origination. That way everyone will know where they came from.
IMG_4023.JPG

I do for sure.
IMG_3986.JPG

Blessed retirement, and Peace. Paul

Last edited:
@Rainman enjoy your cruiser retirement time and concentrate on that sweet 32. 🥃 🥃

Thanks for providing this service to the community. Iguess Iordered my set just in time. 😀 Enjoy your retirement, hopefully in a year or two i’ll be able to do likewise

It''s so strange to think that this Cruiser addiction started for me 34 years ago. A funny thing; My wife says I'm not allowed to retire. "I've seen you bored and it's painful to watch." So, I've retired from making brake lines but not from much else.

It''s so strange to think that this Cruiser addiction started for me 34 years ago. A funny thing; My wife says I'm not allowed to retire. "I've seen you bored and it's painful to watch." So, I've retired from making brake lines but not from much else.

Adieu (professionally) Rainman. You’ve left your indelible mark on the LC world.

🤘🤘🤙🤙

You’ve left your indelible mark on the LC world.

🤘🤘🤙🤙
THAT! is one very nice thing to say. I don't know if that's actually true or not but I really appreciate the sentiment.

Hate to say it but you'll be back. It's in you, the bug, it might lie dormant for a season, but then one way or another you always get sucked back in and bit by the bug. Don't worry it happens to the best of us. Lol I'm just kidding...not really.

No but really wish you the best in moving on and enjoying your downsizing and retirement ;);)*wink wink

Thanks for all the great products/knowledge you brought to this community.
You literally brought my 40 back from the dead in the form of a fusible link.
All the best for the future :beer:

Guys, these comments remind me how much I loved this forum from the beginning. Other forums I've been a part of don't measure up at all with this one. It has watered down the last few years but what hasn't. Just know how much I appreciate the kind words and well wishes.

I still doubt I'll end up with another Cruiser. I think 5 is enough. And as I said, my '32 Ford is going hold my automotive heart for some time. It's been a dream since 1972 and it's really just now coming to a total fruition. EXACTLY 50 years later.

Rainman,
Before you retire, would you mind sending me the FJ40 seat bundle I purchased from you back in March (2020) just as the covid shutdowns started. I can appreciate the burden over the past 2 years, but I still need these seats for my LC. If they have been lost, repurposed, disposed, or resold...please refund the $600, I Venmo'd on March 10, 2020.
Respectfully,
Bjorn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom