Builds “It’s only an axle swap and a motor swap” aka AK2AL aka Dream Build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Damnit

321312F5-498E-499E-AD32-242FB1812B1C.jpeg

Well, the skid didn’t fall off instantly, but still needs some more help it think.

Cruises at 80mph, one hand on steering wheel with correct toe in 👍

Robbed the driver mirror off of parts pig to try to replace my passenger side mirror. It decided to abandon ship on a bumpy road.

Adding some padding to RTT for when all of JMacks ladies show up.

View attachment 3065048

View attachment 3065049

View attachment 3065053

View attachment 3065054
Which one’s the parts rig?

Which one’s the parts rig?

I sold the red one to a buddy… who wrecked it….then he bought the grey one to do a body swap…. Then he joined the Navy… so I have them back!

I’d sell them both for the right price probably. The red one has a build thread “Bacon Across America” 3FE, disc brakes, new 33”, on and on. Don’t really want to part out.

-got mirror swapped. Only slightly cracked.
-new rear brake pads just for fun
-checked knuckle studs and other bolts
-rainex-ed my windows
-put in 42 gallons of $3.68
-drove around for 45min enjoying the cool after the storm

I guess she’s as ready as any 50 year old truck assembled by a multiply concussed, kindergarten brain power, glue loving, bald, half hippie/half Soldier, guy in overalls as she’ll ever be.

45643D73-3BD8-4B76-A644-3E4A0E0F0D0E.jpeg

-got mirror swapped. Only slightly cracked.
-new rear brake pads just for fun
-checked knuckle studs and other bolts
-rainex-ed my windows
-put in 42 gallons of $3.68
-drove around for 45min enjoying the cool after the storm

I guess she’s as ready as any 50 year old truck assembled by a multiply concussed, kindergarten brain power, glue loving, bald, half hippie/half Soldier, guy in overalls as she’ll ever be.

View attachment 3065671
Looking good! Can I ask a silly question without having scroll through pages of your build thread.. what offset wheel are you running here? I'm looking at some 315/75r16's on a +20 16x8 rim but I'm just guessing the offset will be enough.. Cheers!

Looking good! Can I ask a silly question without having scroll through pages of your build thread.. what offset wheel are you running here? I'm looking at some 315/75r16's on a +20 16x8 rim but I'm just guessing the offset will be enough.. Cheers!
The are similar to stock FJCruiser wheels. Offset and backspacing math is always hard for me to keep straight.

RTX, Steel Rim, New Aftermarket Wheel, 17X7, 6x139.7, 106, 14, black finish X99441N https://a.co/d/hTt5Ah8

I put them on a FJ45 I had too

D11A426C-0CC5-4D71-84F4-B7486EFB4FC9.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom