Northeast Florida Trail Runs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I'm new to Jacksonville, Florida and don't know anyone here in this area. I've got a 1992 FJ80 (not triple-locked) looking to meet up with someone who can show me around the trails within a 2-hour radius of Jacksonville area.

Mike

Ocala National Forest is your best bet. Not really much in the way of wheeling but its fun to explore. You might even see a bear or two. Also, there is hard rock. I’ve never been so I cant really comment but its not much Fro what I’ve heard. Richloam north of Lakeland is ok if you like swamps and lots of mud.

If you want to really wheel you need to head north. North Georgia Mountains, Taladega Natl Forest, TN mountains (Oppinger Cove, Coalmont), Windrock, Uwharrie in NC; etc…

Hard rock in Ocala is actually entertaining, but you can do the whole thing in half a day.
There are also some WMA's on the west coast like Croom or Citrus.
The national forest is huge with lots of trails, but most could be done in a stock Subaru.
Welcome to Florida, make sure you wash off the mud, it can leave a funky smell when left on the truck.

Hi, I'm new to Jacksonville, Florida and don't know anyone here in this area. I've got a 1992 FJ80 (not triple-locked) looking to meet up with someone who can show me around the trails within a 2-hour radius of Jacksonville area.

Mike
As already mentioned, Ocala National Forest, also back roads of Yulee to Your N. are pretty kewl, also over the line in to back roads outside St.Mary's/Brunswick. Further W. & NW Of Ocala You have the Suwannee Water/wildlife Mgmt Area (WMA), & it's Awesome. Lots of Mud/muck, worst stuck folks, bogs, swamps & skeeters. Bring LOTS of bug spray! N.Ga is pretty awesome too, multiple State Parks on the NC line (in/around Blairsville).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom