For Sale 1987 FJ62 Galvanized Frame IL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a fj62 Frame that i had galvanized for sale.

Frame is located in Frankfort, IL

$1,800
frame.jpg
Frame1.jpg

Hi there! Did you do anything to protect any of the threaded points on the frame? If so what did you do?

I galvanized a 40 frame and didn't think about that till after and had to retap every spot there was a thread. Total pain!

I was thinking if I did it again that I might just use a bunch of sacrificial bolts. That way I'd just have to back them out after.

Hi there! Did you do anything to protect any of the threaded points on the frame? If so what did you do?

I galvanized a 40 frame and didn't think about that till after and had to retap every spot there was a thread. Total pain!

I was thinking if I did it again that I might just use a bunch of sacrificial bolts. That way I'd just have to back them out after.

If you put bolts into the holes before you galvanize then you you have to get those bolts out and they are now encased in a solid layer of zinc. The shop I talked to about galvanizing said to leave all the holes and bosses empty and then drill/tap later to clean them out.

If you put bolts into the holes before you galvanize then you you have to get those bolts out and they are now encased in a solid layer of zinc. The shop I talked to about galvanizing said to leave all the holes and bosses empty and then drill/tap later to clean them out.
I’ve done several 80 frames. Mild heat, brass pipe cleaner style brush, and a high quality tap set. 8 hours to do all of them. High quality tap will save you broken taps in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom