77 FJ55 Montana to Florida (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Like this!!
20220613_135152.jpg
20220613_135154.jpg
20220613_135144.jpg

You'll thank me 😉🐷

I'm gonna let that 12-inch stiffener remark slide on by!

Progress... The JimTLC carb returned a couple of weeks ago and it looks new! Had to circumvent some of life's low hurdles, including a Covid infection, and finally got it installed today.. Went back together really well. Linkage was a snap. I had flushed the tank a couple of more times, new plug gasket, new fuel filter (again), and w a little gas poured directly into the carb, she fired right up and idled flawlessly... after letting it run for a couple of minutes I turned her off, and she started right back up running and purring as she should.. Kudos Jim and thanks... I took a couple of snaps while at the PnB shop next door, and will post up the progress on that work later tonite..... Emery advised he'll have her in primer end of next week... excited...

She sure looks clean!
Seeing the shell stripped down has revealed no real surprises re hidden rust problems.. the truck is a great candidate for being saved.. I'm laughing at myself because that was not the intent when I bought it.. she was just to complete and original to let her deteriorate.. oh well... this part of it is interesting, because it's literally next door to my hobby shop and I can see the progress... and thanks to all who supported/contributed to the decision process months ago to get her painted...

Did you open fender brackets??
I was a day late in communicating that to my neighbor.... It was either my forgetting or his quickness, or a combination...but the short answer is it did not get done prior to welding... considering alternatives to opening that back side up prior to reinstallation of the fenders ... they're off now so.... the driver's side was 'new' support panel from a vendor... the passenger was the welding/body experience and skills of Emory (neighbor)... I probably hesitated to say anything to Emory because of my mindset, let the SME do what he does best, and me just simply forgetting... I go next door and just get 'eye candy' effected with his progress... so now I've got to do second best move and figure out how to open those braces....

Last edited:
Show him the A pillar and how the water r
I was a day late in communicating that to my neighbor.... It was either my forgetting or his quickness, or a combination...but the short answer is it did not get done prior to welding... considering alternatives to opening that back side up prior to reinstallation of the fenders ... they're off now so.... the driver's side was 'new' support panel from a vendor... the passenger was the welding/body experience and skills of Emory (neighbor)... I probably hesitated to say anything to Emory because of my mindset, let the SME do what he does best, and me just simply forgetting... I go next door and just get 'eye candy' effected with his progress... so now I've got to do second best move and figure out how to open those braces....
Drill a couple holes and use a body saw 😉

Yes I am... I've been travelling last 9 days and plan on visiting my shop today to get a couple of parts sent out to friends... While there I'm going to get a look at any progress on the green and white.. hopefully snap a couple of pics... Emery (PnB shop owner) says the Jim TLC rebuilt carb is problem free and the motor is running great... so yeah I'm pretty juiced...
Plan is to drive her around the block a couple of times to check the steering, brakes, etc once I get her back and begin doing the suspension, tie rods, and front axle rebuild.... October is looking realistic for a camping trip...

Yes I am... I've been travelling last 9 days and plan on visiting my shop today to get a couple of parts sent out to friends... While there I'm going to get a look at any progress on the green and white.. hopefully snap a couple of pics... Emery (PnB shop owner) says the Jim TLC rebuilt carb is problem free and the motor is running great... so yeah I'm pretty juiced...
Plan is to drive her around the block a couple of times to check the steering, brakes, etc once I get her back and begin doing the suspension, tie rods, and front axle rebuild.... October is looking realistic for a camping trip...
55 primer 1.jpg
55 primer 2.jpg
55 primer 3.jpg
55 primer 4.jpg
55 primer 5.jpg
55 primer 1.jpg
55 primer 2.jpg
55 primer 3.jpg
55 primer 4.jpg
55 primer 5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back