SE Michigan….need some work/mods done…also krown vs fluid film? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very cool @LC neophyte . Since you have a 200, did you see the threads about pulling the KDSS valve cover off and spraying it? There is a metal cover over it and the valve is bare metal. Lots of rust happens there and a new valve is super expensive. I just picked up a 2013 and have to do mine. The truck is from out west so hoping it isn't too nasty yet.

Very cool @LC neophyte . Since you have a 200, did you see the threads about pulling the KDSS valve cover off and spraying it? There is a metal cover over it and the valve is bare metal. Lots of rust happens there and a new valve is super expensive. I just picked up a 2013 and have to do mine. The truck is from out west so hoping it isn't too nasty yet.
Oh, that's a great idea! I've got 2013 LX 570. I wonder if that has parts that should be uncovered and sprayed? I know that it is different than KDSS on the 200.
BTW, I did this about two weeks ago, and I looked at the spray job yesterday and saw a beautiful, black, oil sheen on all the parts. We'll see how it looks at the end of winter, if it ever comes. So far, no snow here.

Oh, that's a great idea! I've got 2013 LX 570. I wonder if that has parts that should be uncovered and sprayed? I know that it is different than KDSS on the 200.
BTW, I did this about two weeks ago, and I looked at the spray job yesterday and saw a beautiful, black, oil sheen on all the parts. We'll see how it looks at the end of winter, if it ever comes. So far, no snow here.
I think there may be some covers on the height control parts that could come off. Worth a look. If there are, consider coating the cover bolts with anti sieze going back in. The bolts that love to snap off on me when restoring older cruisers are always those little buggers that hold brackets and covers on

I think there may be some covers on the height control parts that could come off. Worth a look. If there are, consider coating the cover bolts with anti sieze going back in. The bolts that love to snap off on me when restoring older cruisers are always those little buggers that hold brackets and covers on
That's a good idea. You know, I really don't turn wrenches, I never heard of Anti-Sieze, but just looked it up. Seems like a great product.

I agree. In my opinion, there is no "secret sauce" that is a "one and done" application that assures that you'll have no rust. Instead, I believe that the best rustproofing is attributed to the skills of the rustproofer, quantity, and frequency of the application.

That being said, I had a Krown dealer in Amish country north of Ft. Wayne, IN do a phenomenal job on my '18 200 LC today! Very thorough with great attention to detail. He does it full-time, and I am completely satisfied. Drove 2 hrs. one way to get it done. I will bring my '13 LX 570 in next.

If anyone in Indiana or Southern Michigan is interested, ask for Rufus. Yep, Rufus. He's the man.View attachment 2879462

Thanks for the info on Kanagy Krown! I had my LX done with Rufus today and he did a spectacular job! He has a sweet setup up there in Grabill.

"I actually did end up finding a mechanic thank god, a middle eastern kid who worked on them back home and does it out of his garage I’m pretty impressed with his skills and meticulous obsession with figuring things out."

Hey Francis, I'm IN Detroit with a 91 FJ80 and I'd really like to get this guy's contact information from ya, as I need all sorts of work done on my LC.

Also mine is a Texas cruiser I brought up with me when I moved, so it has no rust except for minor surface on the body (dings and so on) plus my ARB bumper has a bit after someone swiped it while I had it parked on the street. ANYWHO, I say all that to say I've used Fluid Film (apply once in the fall and once in the spring) and I attribute my frame being rust-free to FF.

Cheers

PM me crush, but not sure if he knows anything about 40's. Wrath going to PM you back in just a moment...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom