1HDT HDJ81 Misfire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Or a US spec CC ECU has worked as well to remove the CC limiter. I have only tested same year ECU's to work, but anything's possible.

I wasn't sure because they're not diesel. So I don't know what inputs their looking for.

I wasn't sure because they're not diesel. So I don't know what inputs their looking for.
I was the 1st to try it, and went with a same year, US spec truck ECU, which worked 1st try!

Maybe. The 91-92 dont have any of the sensors your 93 has
Cruise control should reference all the same sensors though, there's nothing extra on the newer trucks that would come into play I don't think.

It's a trial and error thing for now, but the upside is this is a part that has otherwise very little market, should be able to find them for cheap as an experiment.

Cruise control should reference all the same sensors though, there's nothing extra on the newer trucks that would come into play I don't think.

It's a trial and error thing for now, but the upside is this is a part that has otherwise very little market, should be able to find them for cheap as an experiment.

The 91-92 has no sensors. No tps. None of that. That's my concern

The 91-92 has no sensors. No tps. None of that. That's my concern

TPS isn't used for the CC system on these trucks, or the engines for that matter, just the trans ECU for shift points. That shouldn't be an issue.

TPS isn't used for the CC system on these trucks, or the engines for that matter, just the trans ECU for shift points. That shouldn't be an issue.

Sweet. That was my concern. With my 35's the cc limit isn't much of an issue. But on long road trips it is. 108 kmh is about 74 mph for me.

Okay so then I will just currently be feeling a bit crazy as I don't recall having this sort of "issue" before. So putting the gear selector in 2nd means no matter what I am starting and ending in 2nd gear.

I will just have to wait and see if any other issues transpire from this.

In the mean time, I will be upgrading my air box intake and turbo and see what happens next. Everything else seems to be working peachy. On my TorFab airbox I just have to figure how to re-mount my cruise control and power distribution and that will be rockin an rollin. I will run with the TorFab airbox for maybe 2 weeks before I install the GTurbo.

How's the rig been doing?

How's the rig been doing?
It has been running good in this summer heat, though i need to get heavier weight oil in it to combat the smoke blow by.

Just got the airbox installed yesterday and the EGT's are pretty well tamed. im thinking ill will install the gturbo this weekend. The shaft play on the wheel is getting excessive not touching any of the sides just yet but getting close.

I got the Gturbo installed. its a whole new truck. Ive dropped 400F EGT's.
It does not even sound like it has a turbo on it, the exhaust is quieter (straight piped 3")
Power is near instant.
Happy as a clam with this setup

I got the Gturbo installed. its a whole new truck. Ive dropped 400F EGT's.
It does not even sound like it has a turbo on it, the exhaust is quieter (straight piped 3")
Power is near instant.
Happy as a clam with this setup

Which gturbo?

Which gturbo?
Grunter extreme

0730221249_HDR.jpg

What would be a bigger cause of oil consumption/smokey exhaust?
Valve guides, valve shims, piston rings?

I have a brand new turbo, fitted with a catch can. New injectors, rebuilt injection pump, intercooler.

5k-8k oil consumption has been 1/2:3/4 quart of oil.

Sitting at idle it is quite unpleasent to be around.

What would be a bigger cause of oil consumption/smokey exhaust?
Valve guides, valve shims, piston rings?

I have a brand new turbo, fitted with a catch can. New injectors, rebuilt injection pump, intercooler.

5k-8k oil consumption has been 1/2:3/4 quart of oil.

Sitting at idle it is quite unpleasent to be around.

That oil consumption seems normal.

Typically oil consumption while running is rings. Valve guides will smoke more at start up.

Is your fuel adjusted? What color smoke at idle?

That oil consumption seems normal.

Typically oil consumption while running is rings. Valve guides will smoke more at start up.

Is your fuel adjusted? What color smoke at idle?
I don't have AFR's but its is on the leaner side..plenty of smoke at cold starts do not have ACSD as well.

Smoke at idle is a blue gray

Accelerating at night you can see the cloud in headlights

I don't have AFR's but its is on the leaner side..plenty of smoke at cold starts do not have ACSD as well.

Do you know where your timing is at?

Normal to see a cloud in headlights at night with any diesel that doesn't have a DPF

Sounds like an Older diesel.
You can try adjusting the base fuel and see if it cleans up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom