What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (105 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Air Injection rail nuts are not captured, you should replace them all due to age and time crusty factor there going on

Below are Japan Spec. Injection rail service parts , the red brass / bronze sleeves and the nuts them selfs ….

You have it use a sharp face nipper like the NIPPEX brand and actually cut off the side face cleanly then u can get them off

Out with the old in with the TEq new , it’s a solid MAI system for you …

View attachment 3062139
Man I need you on speed dial. Could have saved myself a lot time and work.

Drove to town and put $40 in the gas tank.

Got a new winch mounted. Had to put the control box in the engine bay so i can still use the hand crank.

20220718_181428.jpg

20220718_181403.jpg

20220716_162156.jpg

And then didn’t have enough to make it home?!

I kid. Had to.
Barely had enough to get to town! I dumped the rest of my fuel can into my lawnmowers today, then I realized my 40 was on E. Told wife to stand by, I might need a lift!

Opened my winch this evening, I've never been able to switch it to "free spool".

20220718_205453.jpg
20220718_205509.jpg
20220718_205505.jpg

Walked away and cracked a cold beer.

Got the BJ up and running for first time in 10 months and promptly took it up into the mountains for a quick camping trip northeast of Durango.

IMG_7278.jpg

IMG_7288.jpg

IMG_7310.jpg

IMG_7311.jpg

Thanks so much for the shout out!!! Happy to do the same for anyone else if you have a core you would like rehabbed.
What all is included in your rehab? Do you have a link? Thanks.

In my last "what have you done this week' episode, I have my TLC towed home. Found the culprit, dead battery and loose power wire to one of the 4 fuse boxes. Wish I would have found that on the trail.
Bought an ARB air locker for the rear along with axle revuild kit and picked up a bunch of tools to do the job. Maybe I tackle this in the next 2 days...hopeful dreaming.

What all is included in your rehab? Do you have a link? Thanks.
I’ll reply to this too. If you have a core I’ll source parts if needed, degrease, check for wear, change brushes if needed, replace wiring and plastic wire connector if needed, adjust parking switch, body filler if needed, prime and paint. Price to be determined based on how much has to be done.

What’s the plan? That looks like a headache
I don't know yet, once I dig into it I'll get a better idea what I'm up against. It's not it that bad of condition, obviously the goal is to rebuild it back to a reliable tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom