Anyone here have a source for Transfer Case Bushings approximate 3/4 ID and 1 1/8 OD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The problem with the transfer case shift linkage is the mounting location of the pin it pivots on. Take a look at the bracket it is mounted to and see about raising it the required amount.

The nub on the rod the rides in the slot is actually a pressed in piece in the shift arm. That bolt head is going to hit your exhaust pipe when raised if not replaced. Here is what the factory one looks like:

View attachment 3048201
My thought is to remove the knot on the back completely and just have a knob the correct height and width for that slot on the transfer case welded to make that adjustment therefore removing the night to muffler/exhaust rubbing issue

The problem with the transfer case shift linkage is the mounting location of the pin it pivots on. Take a look at the bracket it is mounted to and see about raising it the required amount.

The nub on the rod the rides in the slot is actually a pressed in piece in the shift arm. That bolt head is going to hit your exhaust pipe when raised if not replaced. Here is what the factory one looks like:

View attachment 3048201
That Preston piece looks like rubber is that correct

?, how many land cruisers have you gone thru to end up with that pile ? Do you just change the trans and tcase each time ?? Or do you service trans/tcase for others ?

Missed this, was it directed at me?

If so actually neither. I do not do service T/T. A lot of what I've gathered are parts from models never imported to the US. Still waiting on more parts from Australia. Have a couple of 40 series H55F top covers so I have been experimenting with different types of shifters/boots. No one sells an 10/82+ floor mat much less one to fit five speed. Found a transmission boot that fits the round hole in the floor mat and uses the fat two piece transmission shifter. When I'm done want it to look like it left the factory that way.

I know you have an automatic in yours but this is what I meant about raising your transfer case shifter pivot.

Closeup of Linkage.jpg

I bolted a homemade bracket to my transfer case adapter. You'll notice I have two sets of holes because the first were too far forward. I didn't have an exhaust pipe on the passenger side so I was able to use bolt and nuts to attach the extension.

View from above:

Linkage Clearance.jpg

Last edited:
Here are the photos of my linkage and the current offset. Going to get the offset fixed this week. Bought the stock nub so there will not be rubbing on the exhaust.

IMG_8897[1].JPG

IMG_8898[1].JPG

IMG_8900[1].JPG

IMG_8901[1].JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom