TOYOTA PIC OF THE DAY POST (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fort St John this morning. Don’t want to know how much that cost to build.
530610F9-350C-43E5-8918-D456EB82C3C4.jpeg

Thread should be titled "head ache of the day pics".

There’s a manual for that! For me at that point it would be metal recycle bin

I’ve heard cleanliness is key.

I bought a transgo kit, and used this procedure as a rough guide. My truck has basically same transmission as a FZJ80: A343 Transgo Reprogram Kit Install - 1995-1997 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/a343-transgo-reprogram-kit-install-1995-1997.731930/

My concern came when some accumulator springs fell out and got mixed up as I dropped the valve body. My second big concern, is I thought I might have lost a 'check ball' (small balls sitting on gasket in one of my pictures above), as there was one missing according to the generalized drawings.

All that would have been ok if I had a manual that covered the LJ78 version of the A343F. The various A34x models have different colored accumulator springs, as well as different ball arranges in the valve body. So it was a bit of guess work to get it back together.

Anyhow, I did my best, threw it back together last night. Re-filled ATF today and took it for a rip.

To my surprise, it drove great and it seems so far I didn't do anything wrong. Shifts are fast and crisp now. More power to the wheels. Shifts get a bit harder when I accelerate hard, but are more subtle when driving easy. I'm very happy with the kit. Everything I could have hoped for. No sparkles in the ATF yet...lol. Will see how it all holds up.

In the RV sleeping off their hangover.

Jump up and down on the trailer and see how quickly he/she surfaces.

I get call dibs on the ugly red Fj/Bj40… although one could argue possession is 9/10 of the law. @Toshi38

If that were true, our counterfeit swede would be a little sad right now as he looked at the stain where it used to be parked...:lol:

And poor Andy would either be sold or turned into glue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom