Builds BurnttoastBurgos builds "Butter Bean" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That’s a brilliant use of space, well done—looks like crossovers for all four doors? By mids, you mean woofers? Morel makes a 3 way as well. Very cool location for rear tweets.

That’s a brilliant use of space, well done—looks like crossovers for all four doors? By mids, you mean woofers? Morel makes a 3 way as well. Very cool location for rear tweets.
Yes, all 4 door are components. Yes woofers. Cool they have a 30 degree pod thatpushes the high towards center of truck

Lexus' pitiful version of a 6.5" speaker vs. Morels version

20220531_145934.jpg

20220531_145927.jpg

FINALLY, my favorite part of this build...been waiting for these magic buttons since i bought the truck

20220602_181704 (1).jpg

That will make for some amazing sound! I’m curious to know how you route wires for the front doors.

head unit in........mock up on the console.....next up is pull the switch out and wire to the pre-wired relay box.

20220606_171432.jpg

20220606_171502.jpg

20220606_171816.jpg

ABSOLUTELY well worth the coin just sitting in the shop. When they state "fully adjustable", man, they aren't kidding. Ultra comfy and very well built...Scheel Mann seats, heated with arm rest, switch housing to mount in console.

20220606_202123.jpg

How do you like that Planted seat base? How easy was/is it to adapt your new selection of seats? I am thinking of replacing my fronts for some WRX seat and was looking at the Planted seat base.
seems very well made, pricey for what it is but thats the way it is. I would think this is an easy adaption process to mate to a variety of seat base footprints. Given the amount of surface area there is to work with, i'd bet you will only need holes drilled to mount the Subaru seats, for the most part, they are all with an inch or two..

7/8" shaft, 2.5" body and definitely stout. I hope they perform as good as planned.

20220614_163728.jpg

After exhausting search on the interweb....I found this 3d printed piece for you tweeters in the door sail. It was from solvefunction.com Ordered on a Monday, printed on a Tuesday, shipped on a Wednesday, arrived on Friday and installed on a Saturday. Pretty neat little addition for those looking to locate yer highs in a perfect little spot. Not to in your face, but nicely tucked away. I have seen others fab one up, but looked a bit too bulbous for my taste. These are very very nicely made and stout, and very fair priced. I DO NOT know this outfit, merely an end user. Morel tweeter NOT included with tweeter pods

20220618_143126.jpg

20220618_143134.jpg

20220618_143145.jpg

run your wiring up to the newly drilled hole and BOOM....screw in the 3 supplied bolts and enjoy

20220618_151439.jpg

20220618_151443.jpg

So first up is a Prinsu Roof Rack, simple and clean. 3/4" space between the factory roof ribs. Very nice powder coating and a good tight fit. The gutter hardware is a bit light duty for my taste, but I havent seen a rtt on the side of the highway ...yet.
I went ahead and bought a roll of gasket material for the base of the rail to protect the gutters and reduce any shift or noise associated with metal on metal.
The oem roof rack holes will be filled with bonded washers, silicone and stainless bolts.

View attachment 2819644

View attachment 2819645

View attachment 2819646

View attachment 2819647
Where did you get the gasket material for the gutters and also the caps for the hold down bolt ends? Never mind I found it further in your thread.

Last edited:
Not
That is a pretty amazing solution. Nice work. Hard to tell with picture sequence—are the three bolts exposed at finish?
Not enough for me to notice

Last edited:
well....Jan 14, I severed my left ring and middle finger tendons.......all production stopped.

20220201_120942.jpg

.....then got MRSA infection mid Feb........Dr said "cmon in, we'll irrigate the hand and then come back in 10 weeks and we can re do the surgery".....he said it with an encouraging grin......I got pretty depressed, leaving on wicked pain meds anticipating a depressing 3 month hiatus. Got the operation, now i'm 15 weeks out of the 3rd operation and just barely able to squeeze toothpaste on my toothbrush. but...I have my hand and after forging and fabricating steel my whole life, I consider myself very fortunate.

20220502_160405.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom