Builds The honey badger build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I also got this style of gauges. I think they go well with the factory stuff

View attachment 3052261

View attachment 3052262
Youre not cutting a hole in the beautiful dash for that are you!?!

Fenders look great. I was reminded how i despise tube bending over the past weekend, mostly because i dont do it often enough to have a good system and data for good repeatability. New fenders for cruiser hauler tilt deck.

82B60B8E-9D19-4696-9384-12C694621637.jpeg
981DAD54-5CD4-4F86-9A68-50E37836B944.jpeg

Those look great EW. i need to make some for my trailer . NO NO. no cutting holes in the dash. i am making a console down were my heater goes . I really want to keep it looking as stockish as i can body wise i can always bolt the stock fenders back on

Looks awesome! I can’t wait to do mine. What size tube are you using for the fenders?
Mike, there are some really good videos on youtube that give tutorials on how to perform test bends and build a cheater so you can plan your bends and waste as little tube as possible. The biggest thing I learned is extending the tube PAST the end of your bend so you have enough tube to engage the follower. As you can see in my bending photo, the tube is just outside the end of the follower die, and honestly, I had added 3" to each end of the tube as a guess from what I "wanted" and was lucky I did so. What you see in the mock-up photo took me 20hours to do, it's pretty embarrassing. I thought I could rebuild the whole trailer in 2 weekends and boy was I wrong!

Invest in a couple of good digital angle finders and plane of bend brackets. As you can see, I am using the cheap harbor freight angle finders. I ordered two digital ones after struggling with bend angle repeatability using those analog units.

Sorry for the thread jack, keep sharing your great work @Firemedic831 !!!

I have not really touched this for the past week trying to get the blue 40 ready and my FJc. But started thinking why not use what I have 🤷‍♂️ So tonite I cut off the stupid hooks they had welded on the rear . And bolted Old Blues bumper on 🤔. I think this will work well for this build . First it will get rid of the lame lights that the PO cut into the rear 1/4s 👎. And second I want a spare tire / gas/cooler on this 40 . I honestly have no idea what this bumper looked like when new. But it’s a good bumper

04890582-4B5F-4D5C-997E-1415A0BE527A.jpeg

49A129FC-4227-4031-B08F-602C8CF60E9D.jpeg

AA6354BA-41AD-490E-988C-ECD43A656BF3.jpeg

27FDF9A5-3BB8-4F72-B394-A6BF78F48623.jpeg

Bumper is from Iron Pig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom