Adding A/c Condenser Fan to 03+ LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The pressure switch is on the car already if I'm not mistaken. It's just a matter of acquiring the electric fan and relay to get it powered up

Oh ok that makes it easy do you know where under the hood its located?

Oh ok that makes it easy do you know where under the hood its located?
I thought someone posted a pic of it once. There's an empty connector in the front by the AC lines going into your compressor. That connector used to connect to a factory e fan but Lexus/Toyota didn't feel the US gets hot enough so they saved money

I thought someone posted a pic of it once. There's an empty connector in the front by the AC lines going into your compressor. That connector used to connect to a factory e fan but Lexus/Toyota didn't feel the US gets hot enough so they saved money

Thank you I will follow the line from the compressor.

@Biga27110 It’ll be the cylindrical thing on the driver side, behind the bumper, inside the frame rail. It’ll have a glass sight on top to view the refrigerant through. Below, there is a plastic connector with 2 wires coming out of it. That’s where we’re adding 2 additional wires. You’ll have to disconnect the connector to add the new wires.

@Biga27110 It’ll be the cylindrical thing on the driver side, behind the bumper, inside the frame rail. It’ll have a glass sight on top to view the refrigerant through. Below, there is a plastic connector with 2 wires coming out of it. That’s where we’re adding 2 additional wires. You’ll have to disconnect the connector to add the new wires.
This
A8ED6F83-037C-42F0-A505-2DF2EC311687.jpeg

I just re-read the first 2 posts and @Red Beard posts and it all makes sense now it's time to acquire the parts
I really gotta draw that diagram. But yeah it’s not too complicated. Just gotta get all the different parts and spend a couple hours putting it all together. 2 hours tops.

I really gotta draw that diagram. But yeah it’s not too complicated. Just gotta get all the different parts and spend a couple hours putting it all together. 2 hours tops.
I think the crucial part when you identified which 2 wires you use from the switch

This would really help a lot of us. Maybe a quick cell phone video would be the fastest and easiest.🤞

This would really help a lot of us. Maybe a quick cell phone video would be the fastest and easiest.🤞
I’m far from home at the moment, in Yellowstone. When I get back next week I’ll put something together

Im trying to search partsouq for the possibility of doing an OEM integration as well. I believe i found the part number for the OEM AC fan relay for the pre 03.

8863060090​

8884060070.jpg
841847H.gif

Another thread Im referencing.

@Biga27110 Here's the video I just shot. Hopefully this helps!

Last edited:
I believe this is the connector from my research 90980-10940. Need to confirm im not positive.

I can help find the part numbers and connectors can you help how to wire up OEM integration if we can get the parts.

Edit: It appears the Toyota OEM connectors are Sumitomo. For those interested in doing more research https://ackconnector.com/automotive...roof-socket-for-toyota-6189-0144-90980-10940/
Thanks! I will give it a try and report back if it fits.

btw find the pin part number for this: 82998-12480 x 2 and 82998-12440 x 2

Last edited:
Thanks! I will give it a try and report back if it fits.

btw find the pin part number for this: 82998-12480 x 2 and 82998-12440 x 2
Can you confirm you got all the wiring working with the part numbers in the last few posts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom