Long lead time from Avid Offroad? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

just keep trying to be civil and understanding. He's likely ordered all the materials so the $500 deposit has likely been spent.

IDK the guy or brand but civil court is just going to be a pain in the ass.

I'm sorry to hear that. They were responsive to my emails last month. I'm going for a front bumper that is customized. In our conversations they told me that the rear bumpers have huge wait times and that powder coating will add over a month to the completion time.

Keep emailing and I hope you work it out.

Just to throw in my own Avid experience,

I purchased a rear bumper from Avid in 2020 and it took quite a while to arrive(November 2020 to August 2021). I think the estimated turn around time was listed on the website as 6-8 weeks at the time. I had a couple of email's with Brandon along the way and he kept me posted on the ongoing material/moving/covid hurdles. Nothing really to do but wait it out.

The wait, lack of communication, and unknown TAT are frustrating but I do think you will get it eventually. If its any consolation, I am very happy with the bumper quality and in the end think it was worth the wait. Its not as high end as some other offerings on the market but its hard to beat for the money.

You may have seen it already but this thread has more avid and bumper info.

Like I said I 💯 want the bumper.

But I think when a business or person says give me 12-14 weeks and then I reach out at 18 like hey what’s up and then told no idea when it’ll be done and now we are at 28 weeks with no contact back, that’s not good business. Then what do I say when someone goes oh man I love that rear bumper where’d you get it.

I feel I would continue to wait if I was just told hey 4 more weeks it’s at powder coat but I haven’t gotten any of that.

Last edited:
Like I said I 💯 want the bumper.

But I think when a business or person says give me 12-14 weeks and then I reach out at 18 like hey what’s up and then told no idea when it’ll be done and now we are at 28 weeks with no contact back. That’s bad business. Then what do I say when someone goes oh man I love that rear bumper where’d you get it.

I feel I would continue to wait if I was just told hey 4 more weeks it’s at powder coat but I haven’t gotten any of that.
I hear ya, 28 weeks is WAY to long to wait for anything with a deposit and not good communication, so frustrating!

I hope u get it sorted out and u might have to threaten court, some times that’s what is needed to get them to understand how serious you are about wanting your deposit back..

Court my the only option. Have you looked into disputing the charge, might be outside the window though. Once a vendor sees money going out of their account they will start responding or contacting you pretty quickly. Luckily you have not paid in full so that’s good.

A minute on Google, and Avid Cruisers comes up with the same physical location. There's a phone number.

Avid Cruisers - Facebookhttps://m.facebook.com › ... › Avid Cruisers
506 E Juanita Ave suite 7, Mesa, AZ, United States, 85204. Address. (480) 597-6785. Mobile. scott@avidcruisers.com. Email. Websites and social links.

Any receipt you got should also have a contact phone number.

A minute on Google, and Avid Cruisers comes up with the same physical location. There's a phone number.

Avid Cruisers - Facebookhttps://m.facebook.com › ... › Avid Cruisers
506 E Juanita Ave suite 7, Mesa, AZ, United States, 85204. Address. (480) 597-6785. Mobile. scott@avidcruisers.com. Email. Websites and social links.

Any receipt you got should also have a contact phone number.
No the recipes is just a generic receipt with his logos on it. I don’t have FB. Thanks

how far away are you from Mesa?
if somewhat close, I'd take a drive and try and see him in person.

I hear ya, 28 weeks is WAY to long to wait for anything with a deposit and not good communication, so frustrating!

I hope u get it sorted out and u might have to threaten court, some times that’s what is needed to get them to understand how serious you are about wanting your deposit back..

Imagine waiting that long and you paid i full... In wouldn't know anything about that though lol

I’m at 13 months waiting for mine. Original wait time was 3-4 months as opposed to their normal 2-3 due to material shortages. Paid in full after 4 months and have emailed every 3 months or so seeking updates. They always respond but one time it took bringing up a refund to get them to respond after a few days of no response. Lots of excuses and apologies. A month ago it was the first in line to be finished and sent to powder coat. Who really knows at this point. Beyond frustrating but at this point just hoping for sooner than later.

I’m at 13 months waiting for mine. Original wait time was 3-4 months as opposed to their normal 2-3 due to material shortages. Paid in full after 4 months and have emailed every 3 months or so seeking updates. They always respond but one time it took bringing up a refund to get them to respond after a few days of no response. Lots of excuses and apologies. A month ago it was the first in line to be finished and sent to powder coat. Who really knows at this point. Beyond frustrating but at this point just hoping for sooner than later.
I got an email this morning with a completion of 5-6 weeks. So we will see what happens.

I received my bumper a little over a week ago. Prepping for a respray so I won’t be able to install the bumper for a few weeks. Powder coat looks great though and survived shipping without any dings or chips. The bumper alone is really heavy. Definitely need at least a friend or two to help if you don’t have a dolly or pallet jack to move it. Will update once I install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom