craigslist cruiser crap (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If this isn’t spam and the body is clean it could be a great project. If you have a 40 driveline sitting around????

I just saw the 40 above and it’s an absolute basket case. The body looks ok but the workmanship is good in some ways, crappy in others.

I just saw the 40 above and it’s an absolute basket case. The body looks ok but the workmanship is good in some ways, crappy in others.
I figured as much. Otherwise it would be gone most likely

FJ40 car cover $50

I've got one of those. They're good. They also keep rain out for a trail cover, was happy to find that out about them

Any of the 200 guys looking for a long range tank?

Any of the 200 guys looking for a long range tank?
Good lookin out- that tank is a pretty good deal...

Ryan will even show you how to install it. @OTRAMM Do you happen to know how these tanks are workin out for folks? Are they easy to run or any issues with them?

Edit: Adding video link-

Last edited:
I don't speak for Ryan but I have seen the installation on 2 of them and they are a real PITA to get in
Accidentally left video link out- added above. Ryan does an install on a 200... haven't watched it yet. The tank manufacturer even features the vid on their site. Pretty cool.

Last edited:
I'm not a super fan. There's quite a bit that leaves a lot to be desired on the evaporative emissions tie in.
Ok thanks for the info. I know the US environmental or evap stuff makes it difficult with OEM long range too. Seems easier to carry a couple nato cans if needed.

Ok thanks for the info. I know the US environmental or evap stuff makes it difficult with OEM long range too. Seems easier to carry a couple nato cans if needed.
Yeah but it would still be nice to have an OEM or near OEM extended fuel solution.
In the GX/120 forums a guy went to all the trouble of sourcing and installing the secondary fuel tank from the Prado 120 into his GX470. It works and all but it seemed like a true pain in the ass... but it works and adds like 20 something gallons!! There was some modifications like moving the evap from the rear underside to into the engine bay, like it is overseas, but again it works,

Yeah but it would still be nice to have an OEM or near OEM extended fuel solution.
In the GX/120 forums a guy went to all the trouble of sourcing and installing the secondary fuel tank from the Prado 120 into his GX470. It works and all but it seemed like a true pain in the ass... but it works and adds like 20 something gallons!! There was some modifications like moving the evap from the rear underside to into the engine bay, like it is overseas, but again it works,
All of those parts were still less than the cost of a LRA tank and then you have OEM reliability. Also about the same install difficulty from what I've seen now that the complete parts list is known and he posted everything you need to do. Thats the route I would go if I wanted a larger tank personally

2 Scepter gas cans and nozzle, Winchester - $100

2 Scepter gas cans and nozzle, Winchester - $100

Gives that $2500 spare tire holder more value by hanging gas cans on it, too!

I don't speak for Ryan but I have seen the installation on 2 of them and they are a real PITA to get in
Mine was absolutely no joy to put in. Several parts did not fit correctly and it took a lot of wrestling to get it in. That said, once it was all said and done, it is very nice to have. I just got back from a 7,053-mile family trip to the Rockies and I was stopping for gas every 700-800 miles. It is nice to roll into a park with more than two tanks of gas and not have to worry about fueling during your entire stay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom