FZJ80 Starter Kill Switch Kit available - HuddExpo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Everyone,

We are now offering a complete starter kill switch kit for the 93-97 80 Series Land Cruisers. Kits are being built and will begin shipping 10/15/21.

This kit includes everything needed to install a starter kill switch WITHOUT cutting any wires. This kit will interrupt the starter signal wire allowing you to disable the starter with the flip of a switch. The kit requires connecting our kit, mounting the relay, and using the included fuse tap for a switched power source. After that, just mount the switch at your favorite hidden location. We also give enough length in the switch wiring that you can mount the switch just about anywhere within reach of the driver.⁠. All wiring can fit through the grommet at the firewall so you can get wiring into the cab. No cutting, crimping, etc. is needed at all to install this kit.

⁠This kit is built using a waterproof relay, marine tinned wiring, adhesive lined heatshrink and PET covering.

**Please note** the included switch is a very basic on/off push button switch. You can easily wire to any dash switch, etc and the details on how to do that will be included in the instructions.

Installation instructions will also be emailed to you following shipment. Installation typically takes between 45min-1hour.

We suspect this will work on a myriad of Toyota's but have yet to confirm that. It does work perfectly in the FZJ80's.⁠

FZJ80 Starter Kill Switch Kit

Thanks,

David

View attachment 2792674

View attachment 2792675

View attachment 2792676
Any idea on when these will be back in stock?

Wondering if anyone has a link to install instructions. Reached out to HuddExpo...they may be away so no info yet. Got a trip planned in a few weeks and it's a job I'd like to check off the list

Wondering if anyone has a link to install instructions. Reached out to HuddExpo...they may be away so no info yet. Got a trip planned in a few weeks and it's a job I'd like to check off the list
Your email is blocking me, but check your inbox.

Got it and thanks! Nice kit - was scratching my head on the fuse I should tap and now I know. Much appreciated!

So nice kit! and a Super Easy install.

Mods:
  1. Added loom for the exposed wire and that's not a fault of HuddExpo. Personal preference!
  2. Also drilled out the relay mounting tab bolt hole to 8mm so I could mount to a factory bolt and exchanged the relay ground eye for the same reason. Again personal preference.
Instructions are straight forward and there is more than enough wire to mount the supplied switch in a number of locations or run to a factory switch etc.

I have the LX450 so it comes standard with the factory immobilizer if someone breaks the glass, But if they find my spare key, which I secretly store for road trips, they still won't be able to start the truck.

Its doubtful a passenger will even notice me engage the switch as they climb in and get settled.

Great piece of mind!

Last edited:
Dumb question, what is the purpose? I feel like you really needed it, you could just reach in through the driver wheel well and unplug the starter.

My 80 has occasional no-start due to voltage drop from ignition wire so I typically bypass the whole thing using some spare 10AWG wire and jumping direct from the battery to the starter.

I installed this kit last week while changing my weak starter.

I'd say it's worth not having to figure out / source the starter male/female plugs and deal with making up terminals. I have to do that enough when something is broken. The parts were high quality and so was the workmanship.

My only mistake was not thinking through adding my own switch in advance. At least the kit includes something you can use in the interim.

Dumb question, what is the purpose? I feel like you really needed it, you could just reach in through the driver wheel well and unplug the starter.

I think the need depends on where you live and where you drive. It's not possible for me to live (and still work) where something like this would be completely unnecessary. Also, I removed the port-added TVSS alarm system and I would rather do something simple vs. installing an aftermarket alarm that disables the starter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom