93-97 80 Series Dual Battery Kit now available (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LC4LIFE

Supporting Vendor
Threads
This kit provides all the necessary modules, fuses, wiring, and connectors to properly add a second battery to a 1993-1997 80 Series Toyota Land Cruiser. You will still need to add a second battery tray along with relocating the washer bottle.
Cables are built using tinned marine grade cable, marine terminal lugs, adhesive backed heat shrink and PET protective covering.

Includes the following -
  • Blue Sea 7610 Automatic Charging Relay - Automatically combines batteries during charging, isolates batteries when discharging and when starting
  • Blue Sea MRBF Terminal Fuse Block rated for up to 300A of protection.
  • Blue Sea 100A marine fuse to protect the main battery to ACR connection.
  • Blue Sea Dual MRBF Terminal Fuse Block rated for up to 300A for the secondary battery - one terminal will be left empty so you have the ability to easily add another circuit to the back of the truck or an additional fuse block somewhere else in the truck.
  • Blue Sea 100A marine fuse to protect the secondary battery to ACR connection.
  • Four stainless steel M4x25 Allen head bolts, washers, and lock nuts for installation of the ACR onto the cruise control cover.
  • 4AWG tinned marine cable for secondary battery positive terminal to ACR.
  • 4AWG tinned marine cable for main battery negative terminal to fender.
  • 4AWG tinned marine cable for secondary battery negative terminal to fender.
  • 2AWG tinned marine cable for secondary battery negative terminal to engine block. Bolt for block included. This cable does not include the PET covering.
  • 14AWG inline blade fuse and holder for ACR ground to fender ground.
  • Two Mil-Spec battery terminals for main battery - this allows OEM fusible link and wiring, along with the new terminal fuse block to be easily installed.
  • Miscellaneous zip-ties, etc. to secure everything.
  • Installation Instructions
Available here for $399 shipped - 1995-97 80 Series Land Cruiser Dual Battery Kit

Last edited:
Last edited:
What would be required to make this work on a 94?

I believe it will work just fine, but I haven't actually looked at a 93 or 94 in person. I will be doing that on Thursday and then I will post back up on my findings.

Last edited:
Sub'd! Super clean setup! Would buy in a hot second if I needed a dual batt system. Patiently awaiting future options for basic single fuse block.

I already have a blue sea 7622 ACR. Would you be willing to sell the kit minus the ACR? If so what price. Thanks looks like a killer kit by the way.

PM Sent.

what about a kit for Fj40

what about a kit for Fj40
It’s been a while since I owned a 40 so I don’t have anything to mock up on. I could easily make the cables if I knew the lengths required. I’ll probably get with a local to come up with something but that will probably be a bit.

Have you set up a kit for 150 amp alternator? What would be different?

I JUST installed one, running 2 ga from the alternator to a 175 amp fuse on battery box, along with upsized wiring to starter and grounds and military terminals.

Wondering if this kit duplicates some of that?

I also run a larger battery with the terminals on opposite sides as OEM.

Have you set up a kit for 150 amp alternator? What would be different?

I JUST installed one, running 2 ga from the alternator to a 175 amp fuse on battery box, along with upsized wiring to starter and grounds and military terminals.

Wondering if this kit duplicates some of that?

I also run a larger battery with the terminals on opposite sides as OEM.

Geez..sorry I missed this. Yes, the 175amp alternator would change the size of the cable. I would have to do a bit of math, but I may skip the 2ga and go to 1/0 if combining for jumping or winching would be done. I know the lengths so the cable size would just have to be changed. I don't think it would be to difficult to make a kit to suit the larger amperage needs.

Just bumping this to let everyone know that the kit based around the 7622 ML-ACR should be available next week. This new kit will handle much higher current along with upgraded alternators. I am wrapping up all the details over the weekend and will post back once its all set.

Kit is wrapped up and on the site, but I still need to add some more photos. Those should come later this week.

This kit provides all the necessary modules, fuses, wiring, and connectors to properly add a second battery to a 1995-1997 80 Series . You will still need to add a second battery tray along with relocating the washer bottle.

Cables are built using tinned marine grade cable, marine terminal lugs, adhesive backed heat shrink and PET protective covering.

Includes the following -

• Blue Sea 7622 Automatic Charging Relay - Automatically combines batteries during charging, isolates batteries when discharging and when starting engines. The 7622 also allows for emergency cross-connect - this means that if your starting battery is dead you can self jump.
  • Blue Sea MRBF Terminal Fuse Block rated for up to 300A of protection.
  • Blue Sea 200A marine fuse to protect the main battery to ACR connection.
  • Blue Sea Dual MRBF Terminal Fuse Block rated for up to 300A for the secondary battery - one terminal will be left empty so you have the ability to easily add another circuit to the back of the truck or an additional fuse block somewhere else in the truck.
  • Blue Sea 200A marine fuse to protect the secondary battery to ACR connection.
  • Four stainless steel allen head bolts, washers, and lock nuts for installation of the ACR onto the cruise control cover.
  • 1/0 tinned marine cable for secondary battery positive terminal to ACR.
  • 1/0 tinned marine cable for primary battery positive terminal to ACR.
  • 6AWG tinned marine cable for main battery negative terminal to fender.
  • 6AWG tinned marine cable for secondary battery negative terminal to fender.
  • 1/0 tinned marine cable for secondary battery negative terminal to engine block. Bolt for block included. This cable does not include the PET covering.
  • 1/0 tinned marine cable for primary battery negative terminal to engine block. This cable does not include the PET covering.
  • Two Mil-Spec battery terminals for main battery - this allows OEM fusible link and wiring, along with the new terminal fuse block to be easily installed.
  • Installation Instructions
acr and cables.jpg

@LC4LIFE dose the 7622 installations require connecting to OEM wires? To get Strater indication or key?

Or it is totally independent external?

It is independent of any of the factory wiring. In order to self jump you engage it at the 7622 or via the included switch you can install inside the cab. Its a very nice and simple, but very robust system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom